Is My TA a little low?

Bozer4

Jul 11, 2019
Manteca ca
Hi all,
My TA is at 50ppm. Is that a little low? Water is crystal clear.
FC-7
CC-0
PH-7.5
TA-50
CH-270
CYA-40
Water Temp.- 62 degrees

Pool is 3 months old, I add 6oz. muriatic acid daily due to fresh plaster, this keeps my ph in the desired range. When I don't add acid ph slowly climbs to 8 or higher. Should I add some baking soda to bring TA up to around 80ppm? I use liquid bleach to keep FC in the desired range (5-7).

Thanks, Brett

You are keeping your CSI very negative. That is not a good idea, especially with new plaster.

I would suggest you add baking soda to 70-80 ppm and keep your pH near 7.8.

I am also surprised your pool water temperature is that low all ready.

Average nighttime temps have dropped to about 50 degrees, water temp dropped quick. Won't be swimming anytime soon lol. Thanks for info, I'll add baking soda to 80 ppm and see where my ph ends up.

As a general rule, TFP suggests most things not go through the skimmer. That said, baking soda is probably an OK exception. Don't plop it all in and choke the skimmer just pour it slowly it dissolves VERY readily.

Perhaps an even better way would be to distribute it throughout the perimeter of the pool and then brush. It dissolves VERY readily.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
The one time I added baking soda I mixed it with a bucket of pool water and poured it around the perimeter of the pool.

I'm about an hour north of Bozer, and our water is about 62-63 degrees too. We've had some really unseasonably cold, breezy nights. I knew the water temp was going to drop because we just refilled the pool 3 weeks ago but, dang, it's cold cold ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.