Justin0008

Jul 27, 2020
California
Just installed my pool And slightly concerned about a few things. Is it level enough? Water from the floor to the top ranges from 33.5 to 35 inches. Installed on concrete patio that I used paves on one side to level it off but have one horizontal rail that looks like its bending slightly. Do I need to fix or will it be fine for the summer? 9FB605F3-CEE8-43A3-B0B2-892D8DCEADAC.jpeg

Attachments

• 7052AB89-3E6E-4415-AC75-04968F74F011.jpeg
    7052AB89-3E6E-4415-AC75-04968F74F011.jpeg
    555.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 384872A6-C77B-47DF-AF0C-31A4AF5531DB.jpeg
    384872A6-C77B-47DF-AF0C-31A4AF5531DB.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 28
  • F0B4AB40-D887-4B7C-8F8B-1BCAB472F78C.jpeg
    F0B4AB40-D887-4B7C-8F8B-1BCAB472F78C.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 2CF3AB29-7911-4D29-8F5C-3FFF8F7C5E73.jpeg
    2CF3AB29-7911-4D29-8F5C-3FFF8F7C5E73.jpeg
    726.7 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Here we use the 1-inch rule as our margin for error. You're just above that by half an inch. Is that enough to be worried about? Your call really. Take into account wall movement when everyone is in there swimming and playing around, along with the low side should it rupture which could result in property and/or personal injury washing-out. Have a great day. :swim:

what about the rod that looks like it is slightly bending a little? Is that a concern. I am ocd and will most likely drain some of the pool and adjust the one area I know that is causing the off levelness. Thanks for the help any other pointers you can pass along please do. The pool is only for my wife and I too float around in on floaters and I will be using a teather to swim in place. my Last question is one bar leg looks like it’s not completely level as it has more pressure on one side than the other. Not by much but still I want to make sure it’s set up properly

If you are referring to the top horizontal bar, I think it will be okay. Interesting that it bows "IN" even though it's on the low end of the level. You would think it should bow out instead. I keep staring at the leg pic and I don't see the problem you describe about pressure more on one side that the other, but as long as it doesn't start to slide outward on you it should be fine as well. All of those are just something to watch over the next few days. If things change and or gut tells you it's time to re-level, you'll know it. Always best to be safe. Enjoy. :swim:

Sorry I have a lot of questions. New to the above ground pool world and since it is close to the house. If a side were to collapse would it be gradual or a quick leg break and all the water shooting out. With regards to the leg I’ll see if I can take another picture but on the ground the short bar side of the u leg feels and looks like it more on the ground on one side than another. Not by much. Also how much pressure will swimming in place for 20-30 mins at a time place on the pool wall. Thanks for all the help great website and info. Was looking around for hours last night

Attachments

• D0FCCF50-0539-41EE-804B-446285E9B5B1.jpeg
    D0FCCF50-0539-41EE-804B-446285E9B5B1.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 15
  • 1E7359BA-B32D-497F-9E37-CF72F2B3F684.jpeg
    1E7359BA-B32D-497F-9E37-CF72F2B3F684.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 15
I see what you mean now about the leg. Maybe that's a leg on the side going with the slope? I don't think there's much you can do, but a sturdy wooden shim might not be a bad idea. As for a rupture, there's usually not a whole lot of warning. Unlike a small leak or tear, when a structures collapses due to uneven weight distribution, there's not a lot of warning. When it goes, it's goes. No way for us to calculate how much pressure it would take or things like that. That's too much math for me. :brickwall: Others have used their pool for one season in much worse conditions. You may get-by this season with no issues. Not saying to ignore the tilt, but definitely keep an eye on it just in case you changes for the worse.

Shim side where there is more of a gap? The first picture? I can assume if I level that side off a bit better then it should be acceptable that it will not collapse? If I check the legs and beams daily and see no major movement I should be fine?

Shim side where there is more of a gap?
That's what I was thinking. As for the legs, beams, and the remained of the structure, just keep an eye on it. If it starts to change, that will be a confirmation to get it more level.

Any good suggestions on how to move pavers under the legs?
Those are all on the concrete patio correct? Once you get the water out, or most of it, they should be able to slide or be tapped into position a bit if needed. Maybe with a rubber mallet? Or use a block of wood as a buffer on the side of each paver and tap with a hammer. That is as long as you get enough water weight off of them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
what can you tell me about keeping it chlorinated properly or where on here can I learn a little more?
Start with our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and save those Vital Links in my signature. Remember these two basic concepts:
- FC & CYA are balanced together per the FC/CYA Levels to prevent algae
- PH, TA, and CH (with water temp) are balanced to keep the water conditioned properly and prevent scale.

The PoolMath APP is a great tool to assist you with that as well. But make sure you have a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Those are the most ideal user-friendly kits that are really good and reliable for home testing that we recommend here at TFP. Everything you do with the water starts with accurate testing fro one of those. I recommend the TF-100. See Test Kits Compared

Reactions: Justin0008
Thanks for the help and guidance now what can you tell me about keeping it chlorinated properly or where on here can I learn a little more?
Start with ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, then browse through Pool School for a good idea of what the TFP method of pool care is about. It's essentially having a good test kit and doing your own testing, then using cheap household chemicals to balance and maintain your water.

Keep reading and you too can have crystal clear, sanitary pool water that your neighbors will marvel over!

Reactions: Justin0008
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.