Is my new Quartzscape too blotchy?

Zonie, you asked if I have rough areas. There is one very small area (I am talking really small, like an inch or so) that's a bit rough on one of the steps. Other than that I haven't found any but to be honest I have never checked. Everwhere that my feet touch feels fine though. I have never really checked the walls. I mean I have touched them but never noticed anything.

ETA: you mentioned in another post that your concrete either changed color or is "really clean". I just want to say that I had a couple of little test areas of my aggregate concrete patio sandblasted (no chemicals) and WOW those areas are super clean and really are a totally different color than the rest of my patio. I wanted to do the whole patio but my estimate was like $1k, so I didn't go through with it and now I have spots. Anyway not sure if the PB is just BSing you. But clean spots really can look very different so he might be telling the truth about that one.

A short update for those following along... The plaster company came out yesterday with a guy and his scuba tank and sanded the pool for about 90 minutes. The really rough spots are much better. He still missed many spots but I just might take it upon myself to finish sanding the areas that still require more work. Unless TFP thinks this sanding is a bad idea... ?

There is also now a lot of dust and Quartzscape pebbles around the pool, but I imagine the can be swept and vacuumed up over the next couple days.

Hi again,

I'm still looking for any input the collective may have... Did your Quartzscape finish require a lot of sanding when finished? Initially 90% of my pool was extremely rough. The plaster company spent some time sanding the pool and now I'd say 50% of it is pretty good. The spa, for example, feels great nearly everywhere and is what I expected.

But, for example, the shallow end floor is still extremely rough and abrasive. Plaster company claims:

> From PlasterCo:
> A certain amount of loose quartz is normal and stuck to the surface. As explained before, with regular pool brushing and maintenance this loose quartz will smooth out.

Is this right? Is my shallow end eventually going to be smooth? Again, this just doesn't seem right to me...

-Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my opinion, if it is true that loose quartz is stuck to the surface, the plasterers should drain pool and remove it. But I personally think that the surface has been severely etched by the plasterers, and brushing will never make it smooth. The pool probably needs to be drained so that complete sanding of entire plaster surface is properly done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.