Is muriatic acid essential?

Really? That can destroy my heater? OMG!! :cry:

Since I am North and I have to lower the water level of the pool in Autumn, does the dilution with the new water reduce the damage by not over accumulating the sulfates all year?

I did calculations. It would be a bit cheaper using the Muriatic Acid as some people said.
Suppose I get Muriatic Acid in a plastic bottle and like you said I store the bottle in a trash can, can the trash can be placed not far from the pool or the equipment? Will the potential fumes will still corrode the equipment or the pool?

@mknauss, my question was "lost" in the remaining of the thread discussion, but about the dry acid and the Sulfates you were referring to, since I am North and I have to lower the water level of the pool in Autumn, does the dilution with the new water reduce the damage by not over accumulating the sulfates all year? (question in bold in my previous post) Can this limit the damage?

Thanks!

Whether it is a plastic 5 gallon bucket with lid or a small trash can with lid, store the 1 gallon (or ? liter) bottle of MA in it. You can put it anywhere you like, just not in a confined space. As long as it is outside, and metal is not directly next to it, there will be no effect to anything.

Reactions: gorocket1981
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.