Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pretty sure I have a leaking check valve on spa return as water level drops over night when filter is off. Is valve pictured a true Jandy Valve for,which I could just replace flipper? Anyone ever tried just replacing flipper using spavalve.com?

Attachments

• 046F1CB5-9465-47FE-AAE2-37F5D84D3A60.jpg
    046F1CB5-9465-47FE-AAE2-37F5D84D3A60.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 47
Jandy is a brand name. But you could try using the internals from one of them and see what happens. It looks like you have enough room to replace the entire valve if it doesn't work anyway. I suggest you buy a true Jandy one-way valve and try the internals from that. If it doesn't work/fit then you have the valve to replace it all.

Thanks! BTW, assuming the check valve is the problem, is there any harm in doing nothing, i.e. there does not appear to be any loss in the pool water and the loss in the spa is made up very quickly first thing in the morning when the filter comes on. The only other thing done recently was that I replaced the spider gasket in my multi-port valve, but I wouldn’t think that would affect the spa water level like this?

Check valve just keeps it from draining back when it is off. If you don't mind that, then should be no issue. You could just take it apart (they are designed to be serviced when needed) and see if you can clean it out and lube it and it might end up being fine after that. Just keep in mind if the valve has never been taken apart to be careful of buggering up the oring or else it may leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.