Is it okay to reroute my cleaner line?

Johnny B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I never use a floor cleaner, I only use a surface cleaner (PoolSkim ) on my cleaner line.

I just got a brand-new sand filter and the plumber who installed it said that he likes my filter pressure and the way everything sounds (less stress on the system) when my cleaner/PoolSkim is on full open/open 100%.

I do not like having to remove the bowl in order to clean the filter inside the cleaner bowl.

I have a couple of options:
1- just put up with it and continue to clean that filter inside the cleaner bowl (do not want to do this that's why I am asking but I will go with your recommendations).
2- take the cleaner's filter out now with the understanding that debris will not go to the filter and therefore will get shot back out into the pool at the cleaner Return/ PoolSkim . I have not experimented with this but I will say that it seems it would expel right into the vicinity of my 2 floor drains so it is kind of nice if it works out that way.
3- reroute my cleaner lines so that instead of going directly to the cleaner it first goes into the filter, and from the filter it goes into the cleaner bowl? If I do this rerouting , that would go against what the plumber recommended about having a lower filter pressure? Or doesn't it work that way so long as the cleaner line is open the filter pressure will still remain at the lower psi like the plumber likes?
Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.