Is Certified Pool Operator (CPO) course worth taking for your own pool?

kevinskii

Gold Supporter
Aug 6, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We're in the middle of a new pool build. We plan on hiring a pool maintainer once it's finished, but I would prefer not to blindly trust this large investment and my family's health to the care of someone else. I would like to develop a fairly deep understanding of water chemistry and pool maintenance. TFP has been an excellent resource, and the "Pool School" forum is particularly helpful. I'm wondering if becoming a Certified Pool Operator might also be worth the expense? Has anyone taken the course just to maintain their own pool?

Something to read -- CPO Training - Further Reading

Following the TFP levels and Pool School and this forum is all you need.

If you wish to use a pool maintenance company, be sure it is only to clean the pool. Any chemical additions should be made by you based on your testing.

You don't need to go thru that bother and expense. Everything a *residential* pool owner needs to know is in our Pool School lessons.

CPO training is geared more for public pools, and the local Health Department has different rules for public verses residential owner pools.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.