Is Black Algae sometimes not controllable?

Interesting! I did it but the sock only held about 2.5 pounds. Do I put the rest in another sock after the CYA is gone from the current sock? I guess I'm asking if slowly adding the CYA over days is ok.
Thanks for all the help!
That works. No rush. As the CYA enters the water, the FC will hold better. In your climate, you should have a minimum of 30 ppm in the winter and then up to 50 ppm in the summer. That is if you are going to use liquid chlorine. If you let the pools service continue with trichlor, then the CYA will climb. I suspect they do large backwash volumes often to lower your CYA due to trichlor use.

I going to buy 1 Gal. Swimming Pool Muriatic Acid (2-Pack) Balancer HDX. Pool Math says to add 3 quarts. Do I pour it all at once in the skimmer or pour it into different areas in the pool?

Also there are no instruction with the smart stir and all online video are about the speed stir. I have only one question. Is the plastic piece that comes in a bag with the smart stir a weight that's supposed to be thrown in with the liquid every time I use the stir?

Thanks.

It’s the thing that stirs for you. Measure your 10ml etc and toss the bean in after. The speed stir and smart stir are the same thing just the new and old models. (y)

I going to buy 1 Gal. Swimming Pool Muriatic Acid (2-Pack) Balancer HDX. Pool Math says to add 3 quarts. Do I pour it all at once in the skimmer or pour it into different areas in the pool?

Pour the acid in slowly from the jug at the pool surface to limit splashing. Pour at a pool return jet with the pump running. After you finish adding, take your brush and push the water around in that area to be sure it is fully dispersed.

Never add any chemical directly to the skimmer.

I have a question about the CH test. Instructions say to add drops of R-0012 until the color changes to blue. At 10 it slightly changes to blue but immediately goes back to clear. If I keep adding drops the same thing happens. It changes to slightly blue then goes back to clear. So do I stop counting when I see the slight change to blue even thought it quickly goes back to clear?

Thanks.

It should turn blue and stay blue. I suspect the color is very light. Be sure you are using the SmartStir light. And also try another drop of R0011L

The CH is 187. Pool Math says it should be 450. it says add 54 Lbs of Calcium Chloride.

Home depot sells "MELT 50 Lb. Resealable Bag Calcium Chloride Crystals Ice Melter" for $25. I was going to buy 2 bags.

Is this the correct chemical to add and how do I add it? After adding how long do I leave the pump on?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Be very careful of the Ice melt stuff. Many of them are mostly just salt.

I would add 100 ppm CH worth of calcium chloride. Let that mix and settle for a couple weeks, and then test. if still under 250-300 ppm CH, add some more. I would NOT go to 450 ppm CH.

I will buy what Marty showed if the Red bag of Snow Joe CC 94% is not available cheaper. It is available but currently not cheaper. Previously it was much cheaper. I just bought the Puri-Tech CYA.

Yup. That is similar to the Puritech stuff.

Be easy adding calcium. Your fill water still has some calcium in it and you will get evaporation over the summer.

I would add 100 ppm CH worth of calcium chloride. Let that mix and settle for a couple weeks, and then test. if still under 250-300 ppm CH, add some more. I would NOT go to 450 ppm CH.
Good advice to add slowly!

Pool Math says add 54 Lbs. If I buy the 50 lb. Pool Calcium Hardness Increaser by Robelle at Home Depot, how many pounds should I add at first? I'll then wait 2 weeks and re-check the CH.
https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoor...icals-Pool-Balancers/Robelle/N-5yc1vZhfgZcjop

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.