Is a Pentair IC30 too small for my pool?

Wolverines

May 25, 2018
NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
After some help from you all, I updated some of my valves myself last year and now I need to add in a SWG. I have a Pentair Superflow VS pump and my pool is about 25,000 gallons. Is a Pentair IC30 too small for the pool?

Long story short I've been speaking with two local places. One is a maintenance company I've used in the past (they replaced the pump) and they recommended and quoted me for an IC40 but they neglected to tell me they are having trouble getting one in stock (not surprising in today's environment). The other was recommended by a friend and has a storefront. I bought the valves from the last year and they said IC40 then. I called up the other day and they said they have an IC30 in stock and I should just go with that as the other brand they have that's bigger is a lot more expensive and they have no idea when the IC40 will be in stock. If I went with the IC30 I'd buy it, then I could either install it myself or work with their install team to schedule. It's only a $200 difference (not sure if I can share full prices) between the IC30 and IC40 and I definitely want to do this right.

I'm also not married to getting a Pentair. I can always DIY if needed but I'm not against paying a pro to get it done right and quickly (I'm good but will take 2-3x as long for sure while I double and triple check to make sure I'm doing things right).

Thanks in advance!

The iChlor 30 is not a very robust SWCG. So the Intellichor is recommended. But if you do not have Pentair automation, the Circupool SWCG's are a better value.

Reactions: W.J.Christy
Thanks. That's what my gut was telling me which is why I posted here. I don't have the Pentair automation and don't have any plans to add it (costs too much vs. my needs).

Ironically I was just looking at the Circupool CORE-35 of CORE-55 ($10 more...). They are more expensive than the intellichlor but at least they are in stock. They seem very easy to install, especially if I use the standard plug. The only problem with that is making sure the SWG isn't on while the pump is off since the Superflo pump has the electronic timer built directly into the pump itself.

Not sure on the pricing, as you would need the Pentair controller I would think the price would be pretty similar.

Some have used wifi plugs, etc to time the power to the SWCG with the time the pump is scheduled to run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.