Iowa Vinyl Pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope. It's an educational expense as they study how hydrogen peroxide reacts with (too smart for me chemical) and dyes.

Anywho they check many boxes for $1 each. Good times. :)

Reactions: Snoobug
So I was inspired by @Casey and how she worked so hard on her pool that I got off my butt and started working on our front landscaping. The before pic does not do justice to how bad and overgrown our landscaping is. We are going to work our way around the house but here's what we did to today... there were random rocks and tons of landscaping fabric. I pulled up that plastic edging that people use to use...419C5DFB-BE23-4615-A885-814E0A84CFB7.jpeg711330BD-E8F0-4EEF-909B-7AECDD24EDBE.jpeg

Last edited:
You can see we have so much to do still... it took me 2.5 hours to clean up the front and I feel like we haven't even scratched the surface.

I did find a mouse and an old nest but thankfully no snakes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Casey and kimkats
You go girl! That is a great start!!! I love your deck and house! Those windows have to let so much light in which I love when it is not so hot out.

Do it one spot at a time. Keep taking pics so you can see your progress as the days go by.

Are you going to leave it open or are you going to plant something? We left the front of the house open with no plants. We put down white marble chips instead of plants. Just have to blow the rocks out every once in a while then spray bleach on them to clean them up.

It's all a lot of work. I highly recommend a lot of breaks and a cooler full of ice, bottled water and Gatorade. Save the beer for your last drink of the night. If you can work after 7pm, do so. I now have the monumental task of re-landscaping my pool yard. I had just started to get the grass to grow too. And the back side of my deep end was looking so nice. It's now covered by a heap of mud.

• Sad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.