Iowa Vinyl Pool

PB was here. Going to have one of their guys come look at the pump (and bring another just in case). They dropped Stain Ban in there. Said we should be swimming by thursday or friday!

Ok so the pool company put algeacide in my pool. Are there going to be any issues with switching to TFP method after they turn the pool over to me thurs/fri?

If I bring up cya to 40 and put LC in, is it going to get cloudy? Just wonder what's going to happen.

Not sure when pavers will get here... in the meantime this is what we got. All our heavy polywood stuff is still in boxes in our garage...4D3D0731-2876-4A1B-AECA-2A1019135C1A.jpeg

Reactions: B.lu
suggested to someone to put a change of topics using : to draw help when needed
Great job keeping it here. It gets too confusing being in 15 of your threads. Changing the title will get some new eyes on it, plus those of us already following will get notifications. So well done !!
Ok so the pool company put algeacide in my pool. Are there going to be any issues with switching to TFP method after they turn the pool over to me thurs/fri
Should be no issues.
Are there going to be any issues with switching to TFP method after they turn the pool over to me thurs/fri?
One way or another you will be fine. I can’t find the material spec list for the algecide 30 to see if it has copper in it. Even if it does, you need prolonged use of that sort of thing to approach problem levels. So, until somebody finds that it has plutonium in it, Your pool can handle one gallon of it. Or one gallon of chloromax bleach, etc etc.
If I bring up cya to 40 and put LC in, is it going to get cloudy? Just wonder what's going to happen
the CYA won’t affect clarity at all. The LC may make the iron go a little green, but it won’t harm anything. If you don’t get some FC in there (and kept there courtesy of the CYA) you’ll have algae green instead. How much have you added so far ? Are you close and just topping off to 40, or did you aim for 20 and need 20 ?

Reactions: Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Actually …….. I can kinda make out the ingredients on the algecide bottle and it looks ok with me zoom squinting.

Post clear pics of both when you get a minute.

Reactions: Snoobug
All I could find was a couple of pool store websites listing generic pool store kinda stuff like it’s ‘compatible with normal pool chemicals’.

I found this on a website that sells it:

Not Our Pool School

STAINBAN STAIN & SCALE PREVENTOR & REMOVER
Specially formulated to prevent and remove mineral stains and scale from pool while the pool is filled with water.
  • Maintenance Dosage: 3 1/2 oz. per 5,000 gallons (weekly)
  • Treatment for freshly filled pool: 7 1/2 oz. per 5,000 gallons
  • Dilute in a pail of water before applying correct dosage to pool.
  • Stainban is compatible with those chemicals normally used to treat pools.

Thanks everyone! I had issues trying to find it too... made me wonder if they bought in bulk years ago and are still working through their stash while maybe the company has rebranded under something else...

I jumped to a lot of conclusions there... 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.