Iowa Vinyl Pool

So the electrician will be out early next week to do the final electrical work. They said one of the ladies will do a 2 hour orientation late next week. Then we can swim. I feel like and I don't know this for sure but they are going to let the water sit until then??? The PB told me the water will be fine, it won't turn green... I'm skeptical...

Last edited:
When it's full can I put in a submersible pump? I have a pentek filter and I'd like to start circulating the water & putting chems in. They told me not to put the pump in. Is it because the vermiculite isn't set yet?

Am I being too impatient or can I let the water sit for that long?

The pool krete website says no one in the pool for 2 days to let the bottom harden otherwise there might be indentations. Ok so I could safely put a pump in there this weekend and get the water circulating & chems going...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd get stabilizer dissolving in it via sock and add a gallon of liquid chlorine at the very least and brush it if it were my pool.

I asked the PB yesterday to bring the robot, net & brush. The pool needs it. I'm going to test and put chems in today. Thanks you!

Reactions: SSharp
Ok here we go. Since the pool is somewhat half full, I logged a 10k gallon pool targeting 40 cya. Pool Math tells me I need 3lbs 5oz. So I'm going to go put 3lbs in a sock and tie it to a noodle. BRB!

51B990B1-367F-42B6-B7A3-57D0AB87B341.jpeg
I am so new to this... it all feels awkward and I'm clearly not confident in anything I'm doing yet...

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.