Introduction

So I believe I passed an OCLT the other night, but yesterday there was still trace amounts of some algae in the bottom of the pool so I continued the SLAM and vacuum

The pool has definitely become much clearer each day and looks almost perfect besides the trace amounts

I was not able to check my FC late last night but still had 17 this morning

Should I continue to SLAM if there is a small amount solids/algae on the bottom again this afternoon?

So there’s still been this pesky small amount showing up. I’ve been brushing it 2-3 times a day and vacuuming once but missed last night. Just keep the SLAM going?

Did I read somewhere that it is okay to swim in chlorine at SLAM level?

Should I continue to SLAM if there is a small amount solids/algae on the bottom again this afternoon?
So there’s still been this pesky small amount showing up. I’ve been brushing it 2-3 times a day and vacuuming once but missed last night. Just keep the SLAM going?

Yes, continue the SLAM. The process isn't complete until ALL algae is gone and water is crystal clear. Clear water includes not having brown debris on the floor after vacuuming. Keep brushing.

Reactions: TroyR
Perhaps areas of poor circulation? Although brushing should have helped mix, as well as disturb the persistent algae. I'd suggest just taking the SLAM level up a skosh (1-2 more ppm) just to cover all bases and see if that helps?
Perhaps running another CYA test to confirm your level.

Maddie :flower:

Great to hear you finished the SLAM process!!

Now going forward, check pH, FC and CC daily. Use the FAS-DPD (powder & drops) forFC and CC. You don’t have to do the yellow OTO test.
The CYA test only needs to be done monthly unless you are having to drain or replace a lot of water.
CH and TA can be done weekly.

How about posting up a set of test results one last time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As you learn your pool's "personality" you'll learn to predict when you can skip a day testing. For now as a newbie I'd say test the FC/CC and pH daily.

I test my CYA probably 3 times a season?? And I have a long season. TA gets done every few weeks, and CH probably monthly. Because my pool being fiberglass I know the CH isn't a big risk factor. If I had plaster it would be more often.

Maddie :flower: