Intex ZX300 Deluxe automatic vacuum troubles

Tvogt

Jul 18, 2020
Decatur, GA
Hi there!
I just bought this vacuum for my 12 x 24 Intex above ground pool. I don't know why it is not picking up leaves and barely picking up other debris. When the brushes were on, it did pick up dusty debris but no leaves. Took off brushes and then it picks up a few leaves but misses the vast majority. Also, when I take the vacuum out of the pool, a bunch of the little bit of debris it picked up comes spilling out. Left it going all night long to no avail! Also, have not put comb-looking things on because figured would inhibit leaf pick up! Just spent $199 on this thing and it got good reviews, so figure I'm just missing something! Help please! Thanks!

Hi there!
I just bought this vacuum for my 12 x 24 Intex above ground pool. I don't know why it is not picking up leaves and barely picking up other debris. When the brushes were on, it did pick up dusty debris but no leaves. Took off brushes and then it picks up a few leaves but misses the vast majority. Also, when I take the vacuum out of the pool, a bunch of the little bit of debris it picked up comes spilling out. Left it going all night long to no avail! Also, have not put comb-looking things on because figured would inhibit leaf pick up! Just spent $199 on this thing and it got good reviews, so figure I'm just missing something! Help please! Thanks!
What type and size pump do you have and make sure the mesh piece has the gasket around it and it’s all put together flush and the flapper door is opening and closing well. Just like the other model it took time for it to learn my pool and when I got larger pool same thing. It will learn a routine and get there but I haven’t used mine yet cause someone drained my pool. But with the original model it tells you in manual which direction to hold it when removing it from pool and I skimmed this manual n believe tells in it as well. That way debris won’t come out. I always use my finger sweepers on other model tho. I skim the leaves out myself by hand I guess all depends on how much crud you have n the pool. If you use on regular basis and keep things balanced and clean it should be no problem and run it much as you need to. I got mine on website for 99 tho maybe you can get price match. Be sure you read manual well. Now one thing is I’m not sure at all wth the strainer extenders are for. Have not one clue but I keep one suction plugged off anyway and I cut my liners to use large pool fittings suction and inlet but this model requires much stronger flow rate on pump than the original intex automatic pool vac. Did it climb the walls at all?

I had a different auto cleaner on my Intex. I used to just get in and lift it onto my steps so it didn’t pour dirty water back in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.