Intex Ultra Frame "reference points"?

Hi All,
I will be setting up our 32 x 16 Ultra Frame pool again, this time close to an existing deck that also has a retaining wall as part of its structure. Since there will not be room to walk around on the side with the retaining wall, I am wondering if there are any clues on the liner bottom that correspond to the top rail -- are the support straps welded on the liner at the same distance from each other as the placement of the upper rails?

I need to know that info because I will be setting up the support braces while the liner is still on the ground, and then raising the rail up to meet the deck. It will be difficult to push the bottom straps for the support braces out once the rail is lifted... there won't be room under there. I hope to have the straps fully extended before lifting the rail in place.

Any help will be appreciated !

Thanks,
David

Hi Sam,
To my rescue -- again !!!! Thanks, that is exactly what I need. I am in the process of standing this thing back up, and I want to align it with our existing deck (which I just raised, so it it possible to install a deck surface that overhang the rail).

I have not been able to be certain about where the legs will land, and after digging out the dirt, compacting the hole with gravel in it and adding pavers and wood, I don't have room to move the pads (and don't want to :).

Now I can set up the frame and know what lands where. Thanks!

David

Reactions: sammckin
Hi Sam,
To my rescue -- again !!!! Thanks, that is exactly what I need. I am in the process of standing this thing back up, and I want to align it with our existing deck (which I just raised, so it it possible to install a deck surface that overhang the rail).

I have not been able to be certain about where the legs will land, and after digging out the dirt, compacting the hole with gravel in it and adding pavers and wood, I don't have room to move the pads (and don't want to :).

Now I can set up the frame and know what lands where. Thanks!

David
Happy to help, let me know how it goes

Hi Sam, NJ, All,
After lots of sweating and some swearing :) one of the pool walls is back up. I have clamped the rail to an existing deck as I go to measure out the locations for the other 16 pads...

Below are a few pics. There is a spacer of 1-1/2 inches between the joist ends and the pool rail. My plan is to set up the pool, remove the spacers and bring deck boards out over the rail (plus a little more space), in a manner similar to what Mickelin from Stockholm did. I do not intend to hang the liner from the deck like Jonas (also from Stockholm). I am not nearly that brave...

I hope the following assumptions are close...

* I can measure 14 feet from the existing clamped rail to get an idea of where the other rail will be when raised.
* I can measure another 17 to 19 inches out to locate the approximate center of the braces when set up (pool bottom is 16 feet wide, so 1 foot wider than the rail on each side, and the total distance between the supports when set up is a little over 17 feet, not nearly 18 feet as described by Intex)...
* Or?....

Pool rail deck side.jpgPool braces along patio side.jpgPool liner away from patio.jpgPool braces along patio side.jpgPool liner away from patio.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.