Intex to PVC riddle.

2002sheds

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,
I thought I was pretty clever when I set up our new Intex Ultraframe pool and ditched the propriety pump and filter in favor of a more standard setup (HAYWARD pump, Pacfab filter with glass media).
Now the tables are turned, as I have no obvious way to connect a vacuum hose. The existing Intex connections are hard to get to, as they are fairly close to a retaining wall. The 1-1/2 PVC was routed around a corner and the pump, multi-port valve and filter sit out there.
I have a big enough yard that I could vacuum to waste, but I see no clear way to connect... maybe put a a Tee fitting with a shutoff valve near the pump inlet (and then figure out how to adapt to the hose) ...any other ideas?

Thanks,
David

Attachments

wireform

Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
You can vacuum to waste from the skimmer. Take out the basket, prime the vacuum hose by submerging it completely and connect it to the open port in the skimmer.

2002sheds

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Wire,
Thanks for the reply. My setup has no skimmer , just two inlet pipes that each have a mesh plastic cover. I need to either install an aftermarket skimmer and proceed as you describe, or tap in further towards the pump.