Mpiche

Jun 17, 2022
Cambridge 55008
3rd year with the sand filter/salt chlorinator combo. I love it! I just started my pool a week ago for the third year. It seems to work fine while it's filtering for a few hours but then when it goes to auto filter the next day there is next to no flow. I decided to back wash it again and then rinse it and this seemed to solve the problem for that day and there was good flow again. but then when it goes to automatically start to filter the next day, there is no flow again. I backwash and rinse again and it's fine. There is great suction in the intake. Makes me feel like something is wrong with the actual filter itself and not any tubes/ connections. Please help!

Intex pumps are not self priming, meaning the pool intake must be higher than the pump. When the pump shuts off, air might leak in and the pump loses prime. Is your pump on the ground?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.