Intex robot C hoses leak, wont move? Other Return based choices besides Intex?

Are you sure the floating wasn’t due to air being trapped? Mine floats when I first put it in, but after the air blows out it is fine.

Re: Intex robot issues, stuck, tubing gets coiled up etc?

If I ran all my return to the robot, it would do wheelies and try to come to the surface. It all depends upon how big of pump you have. I think mine was 4500 gph.

I'm still running into the tangling issue, which i didnt have last year pretty sure.. probably related to the way i have extended things, though unsure why this year would be different.. here are a few shots.. i think it might be related to the one connection which isnt one of the "airy" floater type..

I also had to adjust the eyeball return flow (had the robot on full, eyeball reduced to just enough to see some flow).. apparently the eyeball flow isnt enough circulation.. i'm getting a good bit of debris just collecting along the pool walls.. never making it to the hayward.. i'm considering getting one of those catchers (skim-it) for the hayward which i briefly tried before but wasnt sure that it worked or not too. The other issue with the skim it was it getting knocked off by the robot (someone on here showed a mod for it, but i couldnt really figure out how to adapt it to my situation).

All ok for awhile..
robot2.jpg

Then later.. (not all the time though)
robot1.jpg

I'm still running into the tangling issue, which i didnt have last year pretty sure...

Is the tangling keeping the robot from getting to all areas of the pool? If not, don't worry about it. Mine would also curl up like that, but once it took off for the opposite side, it would stretch the hose out straight again.

Updating my old thread here. Still running into issues with the robot just stopping near the sides of the pool. Granted there could be a tiny amount of slope or uneveness near the edge, but this last round made no sense. I have had the solar side shut off for a day or so. So full pressure to the rest of the pool and more flow than ever. The robot was moving along nicely for hours then suddenly now for hours stuck near the side. It was also backwashed recently too. I've not been able to overcome this, though previously having less flow due to the solar being on was always an issue despite the 1.5 hp pump.

if your robot is a couple of years old it is probably easier to just replace it and try again. have you taken the motor apart to look for grit or sand in the gears? the last sand I put into my filter is just a little too fine and if I backwash and don't run the pump a few times before hooking up my robot, it will jam up with sand. I get a teaspoon or so every time the pump comes on for a couple of days. aggravating but the robot eventually sweeps it all up.

With my 0.5/1.5 hp pump, I have found that "Zippy" (my Intex cleaner) will work quite well on the LOWER speed. When I flip it to FULL speed, Zippy will do wheelies, and try to fly in the water. Literally, all 4 wheels leave the bottom.
He has been in operation for going on 3 years now, and I have been more than happy with the job he does.
If you are having problems, I would suspect either an uneven bottom getting it hung up, or a defective unit.
I would have no problem ordering another one (especially seeing as the price on them has come down to about $50) if he quit on me tomorrow.

I have to say, I’m jealous all of your bots work fine. I just inboxed my new vacuum bot, and while I understand the joints are meant to leak, I can’t keep the air from entering and messing up the 3000 gph sand filter. The bot starts for about 2 seconds and halts due to too much air in the system, whether I allow simultaneous flow from the Intex skimmer or not. So frustrated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have to say, I’m jealous all of your bots work fine. I just inboxed my new vacuum bot, and while I understand the joints are meant to leak, I can’t keep the air from entering and messing up the 3000 gph sand filter. The bot starts for about 2 seconds and halts due to too much air in the system, whether I allow simultaneous flow from the Intex skimmer or not. So frustrated.
You do realize that the Intex cleaner is a pressure side cleaner?
It attaches to where the pump sends water into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.