Intex pool liner damage around return jet.

May 15, 2017
Grand isle maine
Hello, my AGP intex pool liner is starting to tear and become unseated around the return jet. The pool is 8 years old. Anyone know of a way to fix this? Or is it time for a new pool.

Thanks

Attachments

• 7AB0FD47-E559-48B6-9C29-08329ADA057F.jpeg
    7AB0FD47-E559-48B6-9C29-08329ADA057F.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 472EFED0-74BF-4B34-B790-7D172CD8742A.jpeg
    472EFED0-74BF-4B34-B790-7D172CD8742A.jpeg
    641 KB · Views: 33
  • 8CE78DB7-D597-4D05-A10C-06BA6DE6C620.jpeg
    8CE78DB7-D597-4D05-A10C-06BA6DE6C620.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 30
Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Curious, did you ever find a fix to that problem, ir is it time to replace? If you're still researching, reply back to keep this thread active for more views. Somebody will pick-up on it. Good luck!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Curious, did you ever find a fix to that problem, ir is it time to replace? If you're still researching, reply back to keep this thread active for more views. Somebody will pick-up on it. Good luck!

After posting this, I removed both returns and reattached them. I thought I was able to get a nice seal around each return, until I filled up the pool and noticed a tear in the liner next to the return? I figured 8 years of use is pretty good for a soft sided AGP. Time to order a new one. I ended up ordering an intex 24x52 ultra frame XTR AGP on amazon. Should be here on Monday. Hopefully I can get another 8 years out of the new pool??

After posting this, I removed both returns and reattached them. I thought I was able to get a nice seal around each return, until I filled up the pool and noticed a tear in the liner next to the return? I figured 8 years of use is pretty good for a soft sided AGP. Time to order a new one. I ended up ordering an intex 24x52 ultra frame XTR AGP on amazon. Should be here on Monday. Hopefully I can get another 8 years out of the new pool??
I'd love to hear how you got 8 years out of that pool! That's awesome!! Are you taking down in the winter?

I'd love to hear how you got 8 years out of that pool! That's awesome!! Are you taking down in the winter?
When we bought this house 3 years ago, the previous owners said they had the pool up all year for 5 years. The amazing thing is, I live in northern Maine and we have 6 months of harsh winters. The only thing I do to winterize the pool is drop the water levels below the returns and store the pump/heater/filter in the garage. I also load up the pool floater with chlorine tables and wait for the 10 feet of snow to fill the pool.

Reactions: sammckin
When we bought this house 3 years ago, the previous owners said they had the pool up all year for 5 years. The amazing thing is, I live in northern Maine and we have 6 months of harsh winters. The only thing I do to winterize the pool is drop the water levels below the returns and store the pump/heater/filter in the garage. I also load up the pool floater with chlorine tables and wait for the 10 feet of snow to fill the pool.
That's amazing, I'm in a similar climate, the mountains of WV. I'll be happy if I get 3 or 4 years out of this pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.