Intex pool leg is leaning out

blasker

Apr 9, 2019
Myrtle Beach
I just set up my 20x48 intex ultra frame pool. The water is completely level and most of the legs are vertical however 3 of them on one side are leaning out slightly. I've shaken the pool and it seems to be stable. Will this be ok or will the leg kick out more over time?

Attachments

• 20190409_202946.jpg
    20190409_202946.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 108
  • 20190409_202954.jpg
    20190409_202954.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 100
I was thinking of just digging a small groove between the post and pole to slide it in and pack the dirt around it. You think that would work?

I think that’s a pretty bad idea. There are hundreds of pounds of water weight pushing down on the leg. You are unlikely to be able to move it without jacking it up. And frankly, even if you do manage to move it by digging the grove you’ll wind up with that leg lower than the rest of your legs and the pool won’t be level anymore.

I think your options are draining (you might be able to get away with only draining 60 or 70% of the water) or using a jack.

I think that’s a pretty bad idea. There are hundreds of pounds of water weight pushing down on the leg. You are unlikely to be able to move it without jacking it up. And frankly, even if you do manage to move it by digging the grove you’ll wind up with that leg lower than the rest of your legs and the pool won’t be level anymore.

I think your options are draining (you might be able to get away with only draining 60 or 70% of the water) or using a jack.

I drain it every winter. Thinking I could get away with it over the summer. Leg doesn't seem to be moving. What do you think?

I drain it every winter. Thinking I could get away with it over the summer. Leg doesn't seem to be moving. What do you think?

If the leg lets go with people in or around the pool you can have big injuries. No one here can tell you if you can get away with it.

You know how to drain it. Why not drain it and fix it right?

Reactions: Arizonarob
All the uprights on my Intex pool are set slightly outside the radius of the top ring, 2-3" is my guess. We or I get some nice whitecaps going on certain days, so far so good.
I have a friend who set their pool up with the legs vertical, overtime the bag expanded and caused them to bend in a curve.
I did make a jacking device out of 2 x 4's to help level everything after initial install, a bottle jack makes lifting the tee's and moving legs easy.

All the uprights on my Intex pool are set slightly outside the radius of the top ring, 2-3" is my guess. We or I get some nice whitecaps going on certain days, so far so good.
I have a friend who set their pool up with the legs vertical, overtime the bag expanded and caused them to bend in a curve.
I did make a jacking device out of 2 x 4's to help level everything after initial install, a bottle jack makes lifting the tee's and moving legs easy.

I figured I would be ok. I can literally shake the pool and the legs dont budge. I think I'll ride it out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.