intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

OK. Stabilizer can be found at pool store, walmart, home depot and Lowes (shows it online). Any other stores near the dollar store you are going to?

The sun is going to remove the FC almost as fast as you can put it in. If you can not get stabilizer, make sure to add the bleach when the sun is not on the pool (like near sunset). IT will be slow going until you have the CYA in and a test kit to help maintain the correct FC level.

Linen brings up a good alternative ... if dichlor or trichlor are available at a store you can get to.

Bama Rambler said:
Big box stores, Walmart, Pool stores, Ace hardware, etc all have stabilizer. A neighbor might even have a part of a jug around that they haven't used. You only need a pound and a half right now.

We live in a very small town our hardware store just recently closed when the dollar store opened...the nearest pool store is about 15-20 minutes away. :( :( :( :(

I just sent my son to the dollar store to get bleach so should i wait on that until i can get stabilizer?

Also should i put my vinyl cover on the pool now and leave it on until we get this under control, remeber i dont have a solar cover

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No.

1 Gallon will raise your FC by 11-12. I would suggest just 1 gallon at a time slowly poured in front of a return. What FC testing ability do you have?

The cover would help protect the FC, but the sun actually helps to break down the CC. Might be worth putting the cover on until you get the stabilizer in the pool.

Have them get:
-stabilizer/conditioner
-lots of bleach
-bottle of muriatic acid to lower pH

That should be about all you need to get going. Any other adjustments can be made after the pool is clear and you have a good test kit.

Until you have CYA in the pool, shock level is 10ppm ... see Chlorine CYA Chart

After the CYA is added and dissolved, assume you are at the target level until you can measure it (about a week before it shows up on the test).

Why don't you post up a full set of results before you start. At a minimum you need to check the pH before the shock process as the pH test is not valid for FC > 10 ppm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.