intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

Bama my husband would rather not empty the pool and have to refill it, i have already mentioned it to him..with his work schhedule and me having two surgries coming up there will be no time to clean the pool and refill it...

Tater two bags was put in to start because another friend of mine only put in two bags on hers an had no problem and we both run on village water..no well.

ffmedicwife1997 said:
two bags was put in to start because another friend of mine only put in two bags on hers an had no problem and we both run on village water..no well.
To raise you salt to 3000 ppm you need 138 lbs of salt (probably 3.5 bags if the are 40 lbs each). I would probably go with 160 lbs (4 40 lb bags) to get up to ~3400 ppm.

linen said:
ffmedicwife1997 said:
two bags was put in to start because another friend of mine only put in two bags on hers an had no problem and we both run on village water..no well.
To raise you salt to 3000 ppm you need 138 lbs of salt (probably 3.5 bags if the are 40 lbs each). I would probably go with 160 lbs (4 40 lb bags) to get up to ~3400 ppm.

But i should do that after i get the algae problem taken care of first correct?

:? Tracy :?
Vinyl 16X48 Intex pool with SWG
Hubby thinks its 5500 gallons i think its 5,000 gallons

You can add the salt after you get the algae taken care of.

Since you dont' want to drain it just follow the advice about adding chlorine and CYA and maintaining shock level and you'll be on your way to a clean pool.

Cleaning it is going to be trying but rest assured that once you're done with this things will be much easier because what you will learn here will put in control of our pool and you'll know what to do if something happens again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use photobucket. go to your album and when you hover your mouse over the photo you want to post. A dialog box will pop up around the photo with some choices. The very bottom choice says IMG code, that the one you want to click on. When you click on it, it will briefly show "copied". Then come back here and paste (ctrl+V) that into the message you want it to show up in. that's all there is to it.

Example
100_0467.jpg

linen said:
...and remember to turn off the swg for now and do the shocking process with bleach/liquid chlorine.

SWG has been off since last night and leaving it off. Im trying to find a ride to get some bleach to atleast getting that ssstarted not sure when i can get to the pool store with my husbands work schedule the mext few days and friday im having oral surgery. Thank you everyone for your help!!!! I really do appreciate it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.