intex pool first year on SWG, GREEN POOL! HELP!

ffmedicwife1997 said:
my target on pool calculator has been 18
fc 18x.5=9
cc 1x.5=.5
May I ask why it is at 9 then?

Let me sure I understand what you posted. It took 18 drops to change to clear? Then your FC level is 9 ppm. This is not close to your shock FC level of 18 ppm.

linen said:
ffmedicwife1997 said:
my target on pool calculator has been 18
fc 18x.5=9
cc 1x.5=.5
May I ask why it is at 9 then?

Let me sure I understand what you posted. It took 18 drops to change to clear? Then your FC level is 9 ppm. This is not close to your shock FC level of 18 ppm.

yes it took 18 drops to change to clear then accroding to test kit you times that by .5 thats what i did..i dont know why its coming back at 9?

Am I missing something?

If it is coming back at 9ppm then you are not adding enough FC or it is being consumed by something between the time you added it and the time you tested it.

Just in case there is confusion. If the pool is at 18 ppm FC (what you should be shooting for in the poolcalculator), and you were to test it, it would take 36 drops to change to clear. So...36drops X 0.5= 18 ppm FC. Is that what you are doing?

linen said:
Just in case there is confusion. If the pool is at 18 ppm FC (what you should be shooting for in the poolcalculator), and you were to test it, it would take 36 drops to change to clear. So...36drops X 0.5= 18 ppm FC. Is that what you are doing?

No i was told to set my target box as 18 and just test and add my test number in the first box and yes howevr any drops it takes to turn x .5 gives me my fc its giving me..it dont give me my targt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My hubby tested this morning but his numbers just didnt seem right so after he left i retested.

My FC 30x.5=15
My CC 1x.5=.5

It had me add 15 ozs of liquid chlorine
now here is my question do i just keep adding 15 ozs all day long about every 2 hours or do i test twice a day and add when i test twice if i need the chlorine add it then?

Last night my final test was
My FC was 26 x .5 = 13
My CC was 1 x .5 = .5

Difference in time of hubby testing and me testing this morning was 15 minutes and no sun out very coudy

ffmedicwife1997 said:
fast1971chevelle said:
Taterfink said:
fast1971chevelle,

The Catfish vacuum people should pay you a commission. I ordered one today too. Should be here by Thursday. Cannot wait! Also from eBay, pd $76.

ffmedicwife1997, I'm proud of you, you found it for less than I did! :goodjob:
I hunted EVERYWHERE to get the price I got!

Here's to hoping it's wonderful! :cheers:
i love mine and i would not endorse any product that i have not tried and liked....but i LOVE mine......lol

Did you have any problems with the two filters and getting the clear cap on?

The real fine bags go inside the regular filter bag..and stretch the thick part if the fine bag over the blue seal so it it below the blue seal and insert it into the main body and when you put the head on make sure the locking lever is ALL the way open.........Mike

GreatCanadian said:
Am I reading this correctly? Your final reading last night was FC=13
Your reading this morning was FC=15. So your chlorine went up overnight. Or did you add chlorine AFTER last nights test. If not, then there is some error in either last night's or this morning's test.

no i waited at least 30 minutes after my last chemical addition of the day, So yes my chlorine went up 2 ppm over night and i dont know..could it be because hubby got in the pool last night and vacuumed it out an stirred everything up? and today do i just keep adding 15 ounces of liguid chlorine every hour today and not test all day long...now the ground is wet this morning im not ure it might have rained last night. i just got done talkig to him and he said it was misting when he got up

So you like your catfish also huh?....on the oclt add the correct amount of bleach to bring the pool up to your shock level with the pump running wait a hour for the bleach to get thoroughly mixed in and then test your fc level ,note it then before the sun hits the pool in the am re test the water an note then compare the readings.......and post results......Mike

If your OCLT went up that much (test precision is 10% when adding more than 10 drops)...it seems your procedure is not being done correctly. My first guess is that you did not let the chlorine mix long enough before your evening test which could be just time related, or you do not have good circulation.

Did you leave the pump on all night?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.