Intex Pool Filter High Pressure

o_tiagosantos

Mar 26, 2021
Portugal
Hi Guys,

I bought a Intex Sand Filter with 0,75 hp, my thing is, i have a above ground pool, concrete one, with 4meter by 4 meter and 1,40 of depth.
I install the pump but the pressure is always high, the pump works perfectly, the outlets and the inlets ports works with a big flow of water.
But what scares me the most is when i turn on the pool the filter expand a little bit. I contact the intex support tem and they said to return the product, but i want to understand if this is normal or not cause the filter is working great.

Video of the pump expanding:

Attachments

• IMG_8914.jpeg
    IMG_8914.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 9
What type of sand did you use?

All sands are not alike. Read...

Reactions: o_tiagosantos
What type of sand did you use?

All sands are not alike. Read...

Hi,

I use glass media 0.6-1.2mm, its a little bit bigger that the manufacture recommend, but if its bigger create less pressure right?

I think the glass media can be your problem.

My Bestway sand filter always ran pressures like that, I was using Clorox sand because it was all I could find, a bit less than the total recommended amount.

I think the green marking on that gauge is just a bit hopeful, 10psi would be what you'd expect from a full capacity well designed sand filter I think the Intex/Bestway stuff just doesn't perform as well. My gauge didn't have color coded ranges so I just said ok that's the clean pressure for this filter and it is what it is.

Reactions: o_tiagosantos
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.