Intex leak on seam

Jul 3, 2014
norwich
Last year I bought a 14 foot round Intex prism pool . After about a weak it developed a small leak somewhere near the edge. I couldn't find it so I patched the entire area with old pool liner pieces and underwater sealant. It worked and was fine . The pool was up all winter and it did not leak. I took it down this spring to check for any holes but it looked okay. Now it is back up and with 9 inches of water in and it has started leaking again. This time I can see the leak from the outside of the pool . It's right on the edge where the wall meets the liner. I know that's just about as bad a place for a leak to be. It's a very tiny leak now, but I have the fear it will blow out if I put any more water weight in. Does anyone have any experience of saving a liner with this type of leak and what product did they use ? Anyone tried it only for it to end in a disaster? I risked the fix last year because the pool was already full and I didn't know the leak was at the edge. Ignorance was bliss but now I have the fear !

Flex seal tape on the inside. It's very rubbery and sticks so good. It is also thick. Maybe even thicker than the liner.
I used it to fix a few things...blow up 10 foot tall Snoopy, 24" dog pool on the radius, inside my lawn mower tire (rear) from a roofing nail.
Be sure it is dry for best result then prep with isopropyl alcohol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.