CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I have looked around and saw some Intex landscaping threads and some picture on the internet. But they all seem to be of the round pool variant where you can wrap edging around the pool to keep materials off of the vinyl. With the rectangle style I don't have this option. I was going to use some astro turf but but not really a huge fan of the look but thought it was nicer than the pink foam blocks and underlying tarp. Then I thought about some rubber mulch and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts of this product up against the liner? The ground had to be dug to level and has a 2x8 surround that the pool sits within. If anyone has a rectangle that was landscaped and want to share your pictures on how you approached this?

Yes, but except for a quick note of "With soft-sided options, be careful about putting anything too close that could potentially pierce a hole in your new pool." it really does not provide any real feed back (other than sand) as to what others have done or used successfully without risking damaging the liner. In addition the Intex rectangular pool is inherently very different even compared to it round counter part in the way the liner is supported, so even some suggestions on how others have landscaped the Intex round pool would not work.

Why can’t you use edging? It isn’t restricted to only round pools.
I had edging and beach pebbles around mine. I’m not a fan of mulch, tracks everywhere.

From what I have read and seen pictures of people place the edging around the perimeter of the pool and zip tie it to the uprights. Then they use mulch or stone up to the edging keeping the actual product from touching the liner. The rectangular pool's liner is concaved and the supports are not against the liner. The area where the support poles land is approximately 12 inches +/- from the pool itself. It is this dead zone (you can't walk there) I am looking to somehow fill and make more attractive. Hopefully I am explaining this better...

I never zip tied it. Still not seeing why you can’t edge the whole pool (including under the uprights).

I might be over thinking or being too cautious as there is no way to stop any scaping from moving and ending up under the concaved section of the liner. Not wanting to damage the liner I was hoping someone else ventured down this road...

This will give a better (not mine) indication of the design of the pool and what I am trying to communicate (probably not that well).
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91iivXkgtXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Well, you could just edge up to leg and start up again on other side of leg.

One person recently bought the foam cove that is for permanent AGPs and wedged it in around the outside of liner. That would prevent anything from getting caught. I’ll see if I can find thread.

Reactions: Manda25
Kellyfair that is a really interesting idea! That would solve or at least make me less paranoid...lol...
This reminded me of something I saw at Home Depot. Looks like it would be the exact same concept though a bit cheaper...

Reactions: Michelle22

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is not an intex pool but it is AGP and we had it professionally landscaped. Over time the shrubs will grow in and the ‘big blue wall’ should be minimally intrusive.

A full wrap around deck plus partially sunken AGP would have been prohibitively expensive, so this was a compromise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Well made some headway yesterday. Landscaped and got a lot of the plumbing done (going to make 2 changes now that I had time to think about it more). As promised here are some pictures... The pool surround is 2x8s that we did a year ago. I would have beveled the surround so the backside is not as high but I do not have the proper saw to make a cut that long. It did stop (as intended) the kids and dogs from crawling between the poles and pool...lol Went with the Gutter Stuff (link posted in previous post) Primarily for the reason that it is meant to be outside and exposed tot he elements. In addition the triangle shape lends itself to wedging under the pool. I also opted to use a rubber based mulch. The kids push out huge amounts of water and were always topping the pool off. The rubber should shed the water and with a 12 year color life a lot less maintenance every year.

First picture is what it looked like after the 1st year...
Also when gluing the intake I tripped. By the time I got up and in position to set it the glue had dried to where I could not twist it. I might just have to redo it...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210513_184146.jpg
    20210513_184146.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 20210513_184156.jpg
    20210513_184156.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210513_184209.jpg
    20210513_184209.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210513_184215.jpg
    20210513_184215.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: kellyfair
Ah, I see the gutter stuff now. It isn’t as big as I thought it would be, so that’s good. Kind of blends in!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.