Intex Customer Service ZERO HELP!

MauiGrl

May 7, 2019
Nevada
Hi there,

In 2012 we bought an Intex 10'x20'x52" pool and it has been the greatest thing about our short summers in Northern Nevada. We were due for a new liner so hubby ordered one in Oct 2018 but it has sat in the shed until this past Sunday when we were all prepared to start our summer. *my happiest time of the year* Hubby thought last year that he would cut out the bottom of our old liner to use as more support for the new pool. Here's where the problem starts. We take the new liner and lay it out and I immediately notice something is not right. Hubby ordered the wrong liner! He bought a 9'x18'x52". I know, it's no big deal I just can't get it set up that day!
I call Intex and begged Helene for assistance who by the way has no empathy for me asking her to help save me from having to file for Divorce. Helene advises that if I read the receipt the refund time. I said, I am not asking for a refund but an exchange for the correct size. She advises me that since it was taken out of the plastic and set up, it is deemed used. I explained it was NOT set up, merely laid out when I identified the issue. I asked Helene how much for a new liner with the correct dimensions. She said they do not have one that size. I was like well you sold me one, could it possibly be an older model, she said NO and got frustrated when I asked for her supervisor, she refused. She told me to hold on, only to come back and identify that my model was discontinued and I can no longer get a replacement, so I am stuck with a brand new liner I can't use and I have no pool. Now I am boiling because of her attitude. I call back and get Cynthia who sounded like she was working from home with kids yelling in the background. She could not understand that I was asking if any of my current parts will work with this new liner and what supplies I would need to buy. I again asked for a supervisor and was refused. Does Intex not have a subject matter expert on the products they sell/sold that can help me figure this out? Any ideas without me having to buy an entire new pool set.

Unfortunately you are not the first to voice concern over the lack of customer service with Intex *after* the sale!

Hoping some BBB complaints might shove that in a better direction!

I filed a complaint last year and their tactic appears to be to repeatedly reply with the same stubborn response until the filer eventually gives up responding that their response is unsatisfsctory. However, I do feel it is beneficial to open a complaint. Perhaps the sheer number of complains filed will make a difference.

Reactions: splashpad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.