Intex 32'x16'×52" ultra frame install Q's

T.Heck

Jun 12, 2017
freeport, IL
Hello everyone, My name is TJ and I'm from in IL and was hoping someone could answers a few questions and the Intex ultra frame 32x16 agp. Thanks in advance for any info, ideas, recommendations and most of all this forum.

Long story short I lined up a buddy and bobcast Friday expecting to skim a few inches off the top for a level spot for the pool install. The transit read 20"+ from our lowest point so 3 days and 8 loads of dirt later we are still high in one corner and I'm guess about 6"-8" still needs to come out.
I would like to move this by hand and not pay for a skidloader to come in dince I'm $500 in already. I thought about everything from pickaxe to a jack hammer to get the ground broke up and moved.
Anyways :).....
Most importantly I was wonder what's everyones opinion about my many ideas for the steps following level ground.
-The original plan was to get ag lime and compacted and install a pool on top of that and then pea gravel around the pool.

- Now I'm thinking if I can't get it level too where I want I might have to add gravel first compact. Then ag lime and compact it again and set the pool up.

- I've read many good things about installation board, If I was to go that route would I still need the ag lime? Or with being on virgin dirt if completely level could I just use the insulation board and cover with pea gravel after the pool is set up?

Any opinions on how to layer the ground and do's and don'ts are appreciated. I want to level pool that will last even if that means going gravel, ag lime and the installation board. I just don't want to do something that is not necessary or something that will settle and end up off level anyways which was my concern about putting down too much gravel.

And last question I was wondering with the saltwater system that we ordered is the metal supports likely to rust? And if so is there something that can be put on to protect them?

Thanks again and I will be checking back and forth if anyone has any questions or if more info is needed. I will attach a YouTube video so you can get an idea of what has already been done..... and yes I will have to build a retaining wall :/

June 12, 2017 - YouTube
A short video of the ground... We ran out of time and had to return the equipment so before we returned the Transit we put the wood spikes in the ground for markers to help how much fill was needed in each area. Hoping to fill that with ag lime. Our last corner ended up being the highest points we originally thought the highest point was center next to the fence...

I can't help with the leveling questions but regarding the rusting issues I can chime in. I had a 14' intex ultra frame pool with the saltwater system. In 2 years it was completely rusted out hollow. There are quite a few threads about it with pics. People have suggested spraying rustoleum on the legs and T-joints and the rails.

Thanks Rich..... Do you think it would be easier just to send the saltwater system back what does the benefits outweigh the chance of rust? I surely don't want to have to do any replacing in a couple years after this headache lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.