Intex 18 x 52 Support Spacing

kphigh

Mar 31, 2022
Grove City, Oh
Hi,

I searched the site and can't find an answer to my question: How far apart are the vertical supports for an 18 x 52 Round Intex Ultra XTR? I'm working on leveling the ground and would like to put the pavers down before I set up the pool.

Thanks
Kevin

Well, one reason could be because Intex tweaks their design fairly often, like almost annually, so its hard to get a consistent measurement from year to year. Many people put the top rail together without the liner and use that to determine where the pavers should go. A little baby powder or corn starch on the ends should make it easier to connect and disconnect the top rail for a dry fit. Make sure you use patio block size pavers like a 12x12x2 or 16x8x2 so the vertical supports have room to shift as the pool fills. If you use something small like a 4x4 you will have a harder time keeping the vertical supports on the blocks.

Reactions: ceares and kphigh
Well, one reason could be because Intex tweaks their design fairly often, like almost annually, so its hard to get a consistent measurement from year to year. Many people put the top rail together without the liner and use that to determine where the pavers should go. A little baby powder or corn starch on the ends should make it easier to connect and disconnect the top rail for a dry fit. Make sure you use patio block size pavers like a 12x12x2 or 16x8x2 so the vertical supports have room to shift as the pool fills. If you use something small like a 4x4 you will have a harder time keeping the vertical supports on the blocks.
Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good idea. I'll give it a go with putting the top rail together without the liner..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.