intex 16ftx32ftx52in install

to go from the intex fittings I used a trick i learned on this board.. A 1 1/2 inch conduit box adapter (found in the electrical area of hardware store) will fit inside one of the connectors from the Intex hoses. You then glue 1 1/2 in PVC pipe to this adapter.

Go to the post in this link http://www.troublefreepool.com/custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971.html
about halfway down the page there is a post from Rªzª.
You will see something very similar to the conduit adapter I used. The one I found did not have any bumps & needed no modification.

ask as many questions as you need :)

I had actually forgotten about my problems with the skimmer.

Yes I kept the hydro tools wide mouth skimmer, but the screws from fastenal did not work.
When I was trying to tighten them down to stop leaks they did not hold. I went back to the original screws & put silicone around the inside of the skimmer faceplate.

By the time I got around to the skimmer I was so tired of messing with the pool that I figured I will deal with rusty screws later.

Got the skimmer today and have most of the Hard plumbing done. Next question is how much water did you have in the pool when you put the skimmer in? Did you do it before any water? or fill part way? Thanks getting close couldn't have done it with out your help!

Well looks like it's finally done, there is a couple very small leaks one from the skimmer were going to try a t-handle screwdriver for better grip tomorrow and another leak at the pump due to over tightening i am sure. Looks good thank you for all the help. I tried to put a picture up but it keeps saying the file is to large. But I think mine looks just like yours we even printed a picture of yours to home depot to get all the fittings for plumbing. ;) We are going to work on a reel next to help with the solar cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Racerboy,
Can you tell me how you jacked up the legs to replace the pavers under your pool legs? I have a rectangular pool and one of my legs has settled about 2 inches. Unlike the round pools that have T connectors, our pools have the dual leg snapped onto the frame....not to mention the liner on the top frame leaves little room to put a 2X4 on. I feel confident I can raise it a little at a time to shimmy a piece of treated lumber under it, I just need to raise it first.

any help is appreciated...maybe pics?

Racerboy, great job on your pool - looks great!

I have a 20' round Intex currently and want to go bigger for my next (and last) Intex up-grade. Torn between 26' round and 16x32 rectangle. Any thoughts on how you like the width of the 16'? I am worried that it will seem tight after getting used to a 20' diameter, but perhaps the length is so much that it never seems too narrow -- thoughts?

Also, I am wondering what your actual water height is at mid-skimmer or so. One of the reasons I like the Intex rounds is that they can be under-filled - whereas my understanding is that is not advised with the rectangular since the sides don't pop out until the pool is basically full. Our water is currently about 41" and that is just about perfect for my shorter daughter this year -- so, wondering if the minimum safe water height on the rectangular will still allow her to touch next year.

Also, wondering if you plan to leave yours up year-round of if you'll take it down. If taking it down, do you leave the skimmer attached, or take it off?

Walmart just lowered the price on the big rectangular, so I'm considering ordering soon . . . and hoping if I do they don't add an 18 or 20 wide rectangle to the fleet for next year to make me regret the early purchase.

Thanks for any info.

How did you know exactly where to dig for the support blocks to place under bracer? (Not just outer dimension, but the spaces between them) I'm going to put 14X14 3inch concrete pavers under mine (I have the 24x12x52 UFP) And I think I'm going to use some sand under bottom and or gorilla pad with the tarp that comes with it.. Although now I'm thinking about those panels you used..

Theres a PDF of all of the dimensions for these Ultra Set pools. Its not very accurate though, as was mentioned previously. I laid out my boards to support the legs and they ended up 4-5 inches short all the way around. i ended up adding additional boards to compensate. I used 2x8 treated boards laid flat set up as a frame around the entire pool, set into the ground using 10" galvanized spikes. seems to be holding fine after a week or 2 of water in the pool. I added sand in the middle of the space left by the 2x8s, and screeded the entire area. that was one of the worst things about the entire project, getting the sand level with the boards. in a couple of years I'm going to take the whole thing down and pour a slab instead, with a foam layer on top

Hm.. I wonder if I could just set up the metal frame on the ground and go by that.. I know it's around 25x13 with bracers.. but the spaces between the bracers is what I'm not sure of..Pavers I have are 14x14 and 3inch thick. If I set up the metal frame of the pool and lay it where I want the pool I could see how far apart the bracers are. I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to sink the pavers in the ground other then doing it after I set up the empty pool. I'm not sure yet about the sand... and since I'm hearing the heck it is to level for this pool I'm thinking about just using the gorilla pad and the tarp that comes with it... I do kind of like the idea of laying the boards flat and filling in the space behind and under the pool with sand.. but I like the idea of concrete pavers more for support though..(Over wood..)

Hi, I just received my 16 x 32 intex pool.. Now I have a lot of ?? but I am putting down the builder's insulation foam I" pink from H.D. my ?? is the gorilla tape, I seen it at lowes, what size should I get? I am also using the 2" pavers. Of course I have a lot of work I have to get done b/4 I will need this, I will rent a bobcat to level the ground 1st.. I have been reading and reading on TFP. I really am glad I found this site.

Hi new member but long time reader, I have learned tons off this form and any help will be appreciated. Your set up is extremely nice and I wanted to ask how did you make the "bottom drain" in your pool, was it filled with some water or empty? Also I have an intex 12 by 24 and I was considering the same set up as yours with two drains and two returns. I am going to get a Hayward s24 sand filter with a Hayward 2 speed 1 hp pump. Is your pump 1hp and if so how strong are the two returns on low speed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.