Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello Everyone,
Just discovered this site after converting to a SWG. Had the pool installed 14 years ago and had a real good run as far as everything holding up. Only issues were a Pump motor, 3 sets of pump seals and a heater digital control membrane (all of which I was able to DIY). Got 14 years out of the liner running bromine with no chemical troubles ever. After the liner replacement, I converted to a SWG based on a few friends recommendations and started to get a better understanding for what I am in for regarding the chemical switch. So thank you everyone for the valuable information.

Onto my question, I noticed a real small (a drip every few minutes or so) amount of water leaking out of the threaded bypass valve cap on the right side of the front header. Upon removing the valve cap (adapter), A shaft and spring came right out and looked brand new, not sure if anything else was supposed to come, out. I put it back together and used some teflon tape and the drip stopped. I can't help but think this may be creating a bigger problem for me down the road because the adapter never had any teflon on it to begin with and the adapter cap appears to be stainless and not brass. My guess is it shouldn't have water coming from it period, but I am just not sure. The heater appears to be running fine, no knocking, pinging, smoke or condensation. I'm in North East Ohio so about 6 months is what a season is for me. Would it be worthwile to install a HAXBPK1932 bypass valve kit and thermostat, or just let it ride for the season. It's 14 years old, not sure how much life it has left.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_2021-05-05 h-series-millivolt-owners-manual pdf.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-05 h-series-millivolt-owners-manual pdf.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

If the heater is working fine I would leave it as is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.