Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an Intermatic Dual Timer T10404R which works fine. I decided to move the "on" tripper for the pump to start a bit earlier in the morning. I placed the tripper back and the pump would not turn on automatically two days in a row. I adjusted the tripper with no success of turning on. I then noticed the tripper looked bent (see photo). so I bought a new pack of trippers for the 100 series. The guy at the store said these will work.

Installed the new on tripper and still the pump will not turn on. I managed to get a photo the backside of the dial showing the tripper which looks like it's positioned correctly. I also noticed this morning that the on switch moved slightly to the on position but not enough to turn on the pump. Is there a mechanism on the back side that can get worn out and if yes, can this piece be replaced? With the warmer weather and humidity occuring, I need to make sure the pump turns on while I am at work.

thank you!

Attachments

• tripper.jpg
    tripper.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 7
  • dial.jpg
    dial.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 8
Replace the timer mechanism with a T104M.

The timers wear out and the gears no longer have the torque to flip the lever.

Reactions: lotsalemon
Replace the timer mechanism with a T104M.

The timers wear out and the gears no longer have the torque to flip the lever.
This is exactly what happened to me last summer. Swapping out the guts is pretty simple too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.