Intermatic Timer Wired Wrong?

Apr 30, 2018
California
Hello everyone, I had a pool built last year and recently noticed that the manual on/off switch for my timer does not turn off my pump when switched to off. I have a Sta-Rite Intellipro pump that I programmed so never use the timer but am now curious if the builder wired it wrong. I'm pretty sure that terminal 1 and 3 should get a wire each from breaker and terminals 2 and 4 should get a wire from the pool pump. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• IMG_4346.JPG
    IMG_4346.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    324 KB · Views: 16
If it's a VS pump, the timer programming is on the pump itself. If that is the case, the timer is bypassed. You can use the timer to provide power to a SWCG though.

Please fill out your signature with your pool info and testkit - see mine or others for what to include.

If you have a variable speed pump that has its own control panel it should be powered up all the time. Your pump is wired correctly.

As you get into the warmer months you should keep your FC at the 4-6 target for CYA 30. See FC/CYA Chart

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.