Intermatic Timer Quality Decline?

btchild

Apr 23, 2020
Pasadena CA
Has anyone else had quality issues with recently purchased Intermatic Timers? My replacement T101 worked for a few weeks (until out of 30 day warranty) then the “trippers” stopped turning the pump on and off. I think the axle for one of the gears snapped, which is also why I had to buy the replacement. Looking for another replacement timer I noticed an Amazon review from a purported “pool guy” who said the indestructible quality of Intermatic timers is no more. He recommended installing a replacement Precision brand timer in the Intermatic box.

Curious how common my recent experience with my Intermatic timers is and whether the switch to Precision is the right move?

Also, mechanical pool timers seem pretty primitive, which would be ok if they were bulletproof, but mine haven’t been. Ideally, I would like to have a timer that could also turn on my pool lights for a few hours on weekend nights, so a dual timer with wifi that I could control with my iPhone? Doesn’t seem like a big ask in 2020.

Also, mechanical pool timers seem pretty primitive, which would be ok if they were bulletproof, but mine haven’t been. Ideally, I would like to have a timer that could also turn on my pool lights for a few hours on weekend nights, so a dual timer with wifi that I could control with my iPhone? Doesn’t seem like a big ask in 2020.

A bunch of different products have been discussed to do that...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.