New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have an intellipro pump and it periodically loses communication with the easytouch. If I turn the pump breaker off then back on it seems to regain connection. Any thoughts in this?

Rob,

The pump must get constant AC power. I suspect that your pump is wired to the load side of your Pump/Filter relay.

As a test, put your EasyTouch into the Service mode and wait for about a minute. Then look at the pump's display and tell me what you see.

Is the display blank, or does it show RPM 0, or does it say "Display not active".

Thanks,

Jim R.

Can you clarify if it's losing power or losing communication?

I believe I understand you to mean communication only but the above are not necessarily the same thing so let's be sure.

If it's losing power, Jim is probably right.

If it's losing communication but remains on, you may have a physical connection issue or a firmware issue. There was a bad batch of drives that have needed a firmware flash to correct and I believe this affected the Pros as well. I'll confirm once I know for sure.

In the meantime, can you go to Settings > Device and tell me the firmware you have?

Last edited:
Can you clarify if it's losing power or losing communication?

I believe I understand you to mean communication only but the above are not necessarily the same thing so let's be sure.

If it's losing power, James is probably right.

If it's losing communication but remains on, you may have a physical connection issue or a firmware issue. There was a bad batch of drives that have needed a firmware flash to correct and I believe this affected the Pros as well. I'll confirm once I know for sure.

In the meantime, can you go to Settings > Device and tell me the firmware you have?
I don't see device. I do have software rev. And the uoc is 2 190

Thanks @Jimrahbe !

@robo32502 put your panel in Service. Head to the pump display and navigate Menu > Settings > Device > Firmware.

Firmware is the 9th selection once you enter Device sub-menu so it'll take a moment to get there.

If you have a firmware that's *not* 3.03 or 3.04 then we'll want to start looking into physical connectivity trouble.

Thanks @Jimrahbe !

@robo32502 put your panel in Service. Head to the pump display and navigate Menu > Settings > Device > Firmware.

Firmware is the 9th selection once you enter Device sub-menu so it'll take a moment to get there.

If you have a firmware that's *not* 3.03 or 3.04 then we'll want to start looking into physical connectivity trouble.
Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town. I have 3.03 on the pump firmware.

I have 3.03 on the pump firmware.
This is at least part (but probably all) of your trouble.

How old is your system? It's at least 2021 based on your firmware, but sometimes builders hold onto equipment and install old stuff so your pool could be newer even.

If it's very new, I'd call your builder and have him handle the warranty. Otherwise, you can contact Pentair and they can send someone in your area that can re-flash the firmware.
Either way, after a re-flash: Goodbye trouble!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.