Intellivalve not turning on upon pool opening

OrthoBlock

Sep 25, 2019
PA
I'm a first time pool opener, and most things have flown well and as expected. However, I'm can't figure out how to get my Pentail Intellivalve's to turn back on.

The pool was closed by a pool shop in the fall, and I think they may have disabled them somehow and I can't figure out how to turn them back on. Because I have a firepit controlled by the same intellicenter, I believe they did a nice job in keeping the system "alive" over the winter so I could use the firepit, while at the same time turning off all pool stuff and preventing accidental mishaps.

Right now I have everything else up and running Intellicenter, pump, heater, etc., just can't get the Intellivalves to come back to life. Thoughts?

Check the toggle switch on the valve itself. There are three positions, 1, 2, and off. 1 and 2 allow you to switch the direction of travel of the valve to sync with your automation.

O,

I'd take a look behind the main panel and see if the IntelliValve are plugged into the boards.

I don't think the IntelliValve has the normal toggle switch..

If nothing lights up, I would assume they are unplugged.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Check the toggle switch on the valve itself. There are three positions, 1, 2, and off. 1 and 2 allow you to switch the direction of travel of the valve to sync with your automation.
As Jim Points out below, I don't believe there is a toggle switch (or at least I can't find one.). Thanks for the idea though.
O,

I'd take a look behind the main panel and see if the IntelliValve are plugged into the boards.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Got it. By any chance do you know if this connection is behind the "top" section where the display is, or the "bottom" section where all the big AC fuses are? I looked briefly, but wasn't sure what I was looking at...

O,

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ok, just looked into it more, and sure enough the valves were not connected! All set now.

Thank you very much for the help, really appreciate it!

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.