Intellitouch

niveknow

Aug 15, 2019
Houston
Another intellitouch problem. :)

I had thunderstorm weeks back take out some stuff due to lighting including parts of the pool equipment. Pool guy came in initially and said it was a blown transformer (part 52133) which he pointed out the burn marks around it and melted wire. He said he would get back to me. He's been MIA for weeks so I researched and fairly confident I can replace the transformer myself via some researching and youtube. Side note: I noticed one of the dual 20am breakers was blown too as it wouldn't reset. Already swapped that part out and the new one now stays ON. Anyways transformer part on the way. When the pool guy was here, he overrode something and allowed the main pump to run an a manual schedule since the entire intellitouch is lifeless.

Does anyone know how to manually trigger the cleaner up to run as the pool guy did with the main pump? I thought I could manually short the relay by bridging the relay thus "activating" it, but didn't work.

Green pool and unhappy family. =)

Thank you all!

N,

I "assume" you have a VS pump for your main pump, which can be run as a standalone pump from its own control panel.

Most cleaner pumps are single speed pumps which require a relay in the automation to close in order to work.

Show us some pics of the inside of your IntelliTouch, showing the relays and wiring, plus the labels under buttons, and we can give you some ideas on how to hot wire things.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What Jim R wrote above. My main pump is a newer model variable speed (VS) pump that has its own computer and can be programmed using the programming panel directly on the pump, though mine retained its programming from before the transformer died. As long as it has power to it, it'll run the program. Not the case for my booster pump which needs the panel and an active relay to run. No transformer, no power to the control board, so with no working control board, no activated relay. Same for any of your automated valves as well. I was able to limp along with just the main pump doing its thing till the transformer came in. In my case with the valves where they were when the thing died, no water was going through the chlorine dispenser. So I used one of the (relatively) cheap floating dispensers till the transformer was installed.

Cheers.

Does anyone know how to manually trigger the cleaner up to run as the pool guy did with the main pump? I thought I could manually short the relay by bridging the relay thus "activating" it, but didn't work.

The relay requires 24V DC on the coil side of the relay to close it and power the pump.

If the cleaner pump is on its own CB you can turn the CB off, move the pump power wires from the LOAD screws to the LINE screws bypassing the relay, and then when you turn the CB on the cleaner pump will run.

Show us pics of the wiring in your panel to confirm the assumptions I made.

Guys thank you. I do have the VS pumps and just like Pops above, I have the not-smart vacuum pump that requires the panel and active relay. That was the one that I was trying to activate. I thought I could control it through the VS's onboard controller, but no luck. My replacement transformer came early and I was able to replace it Saturday morning. Bam the system came alive again...at least for the 3 pumps. Huge relief considering I was afraid the very expensive board might have blown too. The LED lights are still dead, but that's a different problem to research and troubleshoot. I'm just glad to have the pumps back online.

The rest of the weekend was brush, shock, clarifier and some subtle head nods from the family. I gave everyone the heads up earlier that miracles do not work overnight and it may take days or longer before things look back to normal. Dark green pool to now a cloudy teal is positive trend. Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.