Intellitouch i9+3 driving me nuts...

Feb 4, 2014
San Antonio, TX
System is a 5 year old Intellitouch i9+3 with (3) Intelliflo VS pumps. We live down here in Texas and the problems started when we had that snow storm come through in 2021. Screenlogic started reporting errors communicating with the main filter pump. We can no longer control the pumps speed variably with Screenlogic and it is not reporting speed etc. When I open the cover, it says display not active.

I called Pentair and they recommended that I swap the serial cable from the filter pump to one of the other pumps to test the communication bus, it did not work. So they recommended that I purchase the personality kit which replaces the circuit board assembly. $900 later and this didnt work. Then Pentair said that the pump must be bad, so I bought a brand new pump and the issue remained. No communication to the pumps.

Pumps work fine in service mode but no automation control. I cannot run them on a schedule or control the speeds with Screenlogic. Screenlogic reporting lost communication with pumps. I purhcased brand new cables at $75 each and again, it did not solve the issue. I'm running out of things to replace and Pentair is stumped.

So, to recap the things I've changed are:
(1) Personality kit circuit board
(3) serial pump control cables
(1) Intelliflo VS pump

Last edited by a moderator:
TM,

We can just keep replacing stuff until you run out of money, or we can try to logically troubleshoot the problem and see what we can find. :mrgreen:

Try this and tell me what happens.. Using ScreenLogic, turn on a pool light. The light icon should turn green. Now go out to the pool and visually confirm that the light is on. The using the button on the IntelliTouch, turn the light off and then confirm that the ScreenLogic light icon is no longer green.

Do you have ScreenLogic on your PC or just your phone? Either way, show me the following set up pages.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I noticed that I can turn on features like the (AUX2) Waterfall (Pump 2) and I can control the speed of pump 2 now apparently, BUT...I cant turn it off. I do anything with the pool pump. I cant turn the pool pump off nor can I control the pump speeds with Screenlogic.

TM,

Did you do the light test as I asked in post #2?

What was the results?

Looking at your set up pages, pump #1 will only run at 1000 RPM in both the Pool mode as well as the Spa mode. How do you normally change the pump's speed?

For the Pump#1 to run, the system must be in the Pool mode or Spa mode Is the ScreenLogic Pool or Spa icon green when you are trying to run the main pump? Please double check that the pump's display says "Display not active".

Pump # 2 is also set up to run at 1000 RPM. Is that good enough to run the waterfall? Does the waterfall also have a valve that opens to turn on the waterfall or is it controlled by the pump being on or off? Please double check that pump # 2's display shows "Display not active".

Just to be clear about pump#2's operation. If you use ScreenLogic and push the "Waterfall" icon, the icon turns green and waterfall works. To turn the waterfall off, you push the waterfall icon again and the waterfall icon turns off by the waterfall pump continues to run. Is that true??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Can you confirm what each Intelliflo pump is showing on it's display? They should each show "Pump Address X" where X is the pump address, followed by "DISPLAY Not Active!"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.