Intellitouch and Mastertemp Communication

So you’re saying the temperature is set via intellitouch for a desired set point that overrides the manual button mastertemp set point of 104 ?
Override is the wrong term.

104 will be the maximum the MasterTemp will allow the temp to be. If the IntelliTouch does not stop the heater before 104 then the heater thermostat will shut it off.

Up to 104 the IntelliTouch turns the heater on and off as necessary to maintain the heat set in the IntelliTouch.

Understood. So you’re saying the mastertemp automation totality is irrelevant because we set it to its maximum with the intention of the intellitouch referencing the temp sensor information and MAINTAINING the temp at an automation/remote request of less than 104. Will it MAINTAIN or SHUTOFF the heater at the remote temp desired? I saw it turn off and am trying to figure out if it’s a faulty new part or the flaw in automation control of the mastertemp

The IntelliTouch does all ON/OFF control of the heater.

The heater safety sensors and systems are still active and will shutdown the heater if it has any anomaly even when the IntelliTouch is commanding heat.

So explain the conditions when you saw the heater turn off?

The IntelliTouch does all ON/OFF control of the heater.

The heater safety sensors and systems are still active and will shutdown the heater if it has any anomaly even when the IntelliTouch is commanding heat.

So explain the conditions when you saw the heater turn off?
Brand new heater tied into fireman switch turned off (stopped heating) while automation still commanding HEAT. at the very least my belief was it should still maintain temp by continually heating.

Brand new heater tied into fireman switch turned off (stopped heating) while automation still commanding HEAT. at the very least my belief was it should still maintain temp by continually heating.
Sounds like a safety system in the heater shut it down.

The heater have a six button front panel or five buttons?

Pentair_MasterTemp_Keypads.jpg

What showed on the heater display when the heater shutdown?

Let's backup here - what are the connection points between the IntelliTouch and the MasterTemp heater?

Post pics of the wring at both ends.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Next time it does it I would disconnect the wire at the firemans switch and check for continuity and see if the IntelliTouch heater relay is closed and really calling for heat.

You’re talking about the continuity of the new fireman’s switch on the new mastertemp?

No, I am talking about checking if the GAS HEATER relay in the IntelliTouch is open or closed.

If all checks out then would a remote setting adjustment power the heater down from heat but leaving the heat button illuminated on the automation?

You do not understand the basics of how the heater and the Fireman’s switch works.

The fireman’s switch opens the 24V circuit that powers the heaters controls. When the 24V circuit is opened the heater goes dark.

The GAS HEATER RELAY in your IntelliTouch closes the heater 24V circuit at which time it powers up, lights up, and turns on.

No, I am talking about checking if the GAS HEATER relay in the IntelliTouch is open or closed.

You do not understand the basics of how the heater and the Fireman’s switch works.

The fireman’s switch opens the 24V circuit that powers the heaters controls. When the 24V circuit is opened the heater goes dark.

The GAS HEATER RELAY in your IntelliTouch closes the heater 24V circuit at which time it powers up, lights up, and turns on.
There wasn’t anything you said that is new or different from this entire thread. All you had to say is an open circuit could cause the heater to power down but the frequency of it was once and I turned it on/off plenty of times so I thought maybe a lemon safety sensor.

Brand new heater tied into fireman switch turned off (stopped heating) while automation still commanding HEAT.
What is the temperature setting in the heater control panel for Pool Mode and Spa Mode?

Is the heater on Pool Mode or Spa Mode?

What is the heater setting in the IntelliTouch?

What was the temperature showing in the IntelliTouch and on the heater display when the heater turned off?
Fireman’s switch at fenwall and intellitouch gas heater
Can you show the connection at the fireman's switch and at the IntelliTouch?

What is the temperature setting in the heater control panel for Pool Mode and Spa Mode?

Is the heater on Pool Mode or Spa Mode?

What is the heater setting in the IntelliTouch?

What was the temperature showing in the IntelliTouch and on the heater display when the heater turned off?

Can you show the connection at the fireman's switch and at the IntelliTouch?
Heater was in spa mode but also has pool mode set to 104. Automation was triggered by in-house remote control for spa. Actuators moved. Heater turned on and worked but while in automation spa mode, the heater cycled down but maintained power while automation clearly showed heat light on. Initially new mastertemp temp read over 104 leading me to believe temp sensor may be bad on new heater. I’m not sure what the intellitouch temp reading was set at but less than 104.

Fireman’s switch at fenwall looks like photo in this thread and intellitouch connection is to gas heater. 2 comm connection.

Is it reading correctly now?

Was it reading over 104 before the heater started or after?

Do you have a picture of the system?

Are the In and Out correct?

Is there an external bypass?

Is the flow good?
Yes it’s working fine but it shut off this one time without losing power. Water pressure is fine. The only questionable thing is the new temp sensor which was reading over 104 at the mastertemp when I turned it on for the first time.

If it shuts off, it has to have a reason.

1) It thinks that it has reached the set temperature based on the heater set temperature and the heater reading of the water temperature.

2) Power loss.

3) An error that will give an indication.

4) Loss of flame current rectification.

The following are the LEDs:

1. .....PS (Pressure Switch)
  2. .....HLS (High Limit Switch)
  3. .....SFS (Stack Flue Sensor)
  4. .....AFS (Air Flow Switch)
  5. .....AGS (Automatic Gas Shutoff).
  6. .....Service System
  7. .....Thermistor
  8. .....Heating
  9. .....Pool On
  10. ...Spa On
  11. ...Service Heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.