Intelliflow question

Blap

Jun 1, 2017
CA
I have a new intelliflo VSF, Intellitouch panel and wireless remote. The problem I'm having is I can run the pump on the timer and turn it on with the remote but cannot put it in manual or timeout and turn the pump on with the panel filter button. What gives? Thanks

B,

I am not sure that I understand the problem.. :scratch:

Do you mean that you can't put your system into the Service mode or the Time out mode? Or that when you are in the Service or Timeout mode, you can't turn on the pump using the Pump/Filter button??

When you are in the Service mode, the com bus, going to the IntelliFlo, no longer works and the pump becomes a standalone pump. You operate it via the pump's control panel.

What is it you want to do when in the Service or Timeout modes???

Thanks,

Jim R.

I can put it in service mode and timeout mode but it does nothing, shouldn't I be able to turn the pump on and off when it's in service or timeout? Also before bed I put it in timeout and when I got up it was still in timeout and my program was not running, never reverted to auto, which kind of defeats the purpose of even having this panel. Why would I need all that when the pump operates from the pump panel?

B,

If you had a single speed pump, the pump would run in the Service mode, if you pushed the pump/filter button.. Since you have an IntelliFlo it will not run because in the Service mode the com port is no longer talking to the pump.. You can wish it works differently, but that is how it works..

It is your system, so you can run it anyway you want, but putting it into the timeout mode at bed time makes little sense to me.. :scratch: In theory, the timeout mode should turn the system off for 3 hours, and then revert to auto mode.. But I've been told before that this no longer works.. Not sure if it is a bug or what, but since 99% of users do not use the Timeout mode, I doubt many have noticed.

In theory, the purpose of the Service or Timeout modes is so that when the "Service" guy comes by to work on the system, he can disable any automated actions.. You really don't want to take the filter apart and have the pump suddenly start up.. :rolleyes:

Maybe there is a better way to do what it is you want to do??? What is your reason for going into the timeout mode at bedtime??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Usually I add chemicals at night then turn the pump on with the remote and set a timer on my phone, last night I tried to put it in timeout so I could just go to bed and it would turn itself off but that didn't work so I set an egg timer on the pump and did it that way but the timeout mode did not revert to auto by morning.

The only way I can set an egg timer is in manual or timeout mode so I have to go out and reset it to auto manually. I could have another program in there I guess but I don't add chemicals at the same time or same day everytime. I ended up staying up 'til 1AM fooling with it.

All of this crazy automation still doesn't do anything, might as well just have an intermatic clock and single speed pump if this computer does the same thing. I have A&A Quick Clean so only one pump and one light. I was hoping I could set an egg timer for about an hour (when I want) and have it switch back to auto, three hours is too long since I'm only running my pool 4 hours a day total.

Last edited:
Okay, broke down and called Pentair and got it set up the way I wanted, programmed the remote to run at the speed and the time length I wanted, programmed one button for the remote and an aux button on the panel to run for 1 hour, don't even have to go into timeout mode or get near the equipment anymore and now timeout and service will turn the pump on and off manually at the equipment pad if I want. It will revert to my regular filter auto program too. Chris at Pentair was great!

Last edited:
Reactions: bdavis466
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.