Intelliflo VS pump and Jandy valve questions

Jim,

In theory, I am sure the 1.5" lines add some restriction by not enough to worry about at all...

Your SWCG will NOT need a by-pass..

Manually a valve can move wherever you want it.. When automated, they are either on or off.. But you can mechanically adjust them to they are not on all the way.. Then they would be off or partially on.. So if you mechanically set it to 50%.. it would always either be off or 50%...

Either will work, but if this were my pool, I would run a 30 amp feed line from your main circuit breaker panel out to a sub panel near where you plan to have your new pool equipment. Most automation systems have a load center built into them... Here is a look at mine...

interested in why are you suggesting only 30 amps? If he is going to run a new service and subpanel, wouldn't it make more sense to run a higher service for expansion?

BTW...Nice clean wiring job. Why do you have 3 empty breakers? Is that something special about the load center or are you just using those to fill the space?

interested in why are you suggesting only 30 amps? If he is going to run a new service and subpanel, wouldn't it make more sense to run a higher service for expansion?

BTW...Nice clean wiring job. Why do you have 3 empty breakers? Is that something special about the load center or are you just using those to fill the space?

Tiger,

30 amps is plenty to run the IntelliFlo, the EasyTouch and SWCG... Which is all we talked about.. It certainly makes sense to run a larger circuit if the OP has plans to add something else in the future but not sure what that would be...

I don't believe I have any unused circuit breaker slots.. They are all full and I use them all. It might just be the pic... or when the pic was taken.. The item in the bottom breaker slot is a plug-in surge protector..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Tiger,

30 amps is plenty to run the IntelliFlo, the EasyTouch and SWCG... Which is all we talked about.. It certainly makes sense to run a larger circuit if the OP has plans to add something else in the future but not sure what that would be...

I don't believe I have any unused circuit breaker slots.. They are all full and I use them all. It might just be the pic... or when the pic was taken.. The item in the bottom breaker slot is a plug-in surge protector..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, will the 30A be enough to actuate valves as well?

Trying to get my ducks in a row, my new pump should be here tomorrow

Jim,

30 amps is plenty unless you plan to add something like a heat pump (wired to the same circuit) but to run the pump, automation, valves and a robot and a few lights, no problem..

Jim R.

Here is a look at mine...

At the top, behind all the buttons, is the actual automation system. Below that are some relays that turn things on/off. And below that is the load center with circuit breakers.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

Sorry about the side question, but are your FP Relay Line sides also where your pump 240 VAC comes from? I see the SWG transformer on the Load side. And I know the pump should be on a dedicated breaker with nothing else on it. I was just curious what I'm looking at.

Also, any views on daisy chaining relays off an oversized breaker? Getting close to finishing off my overhaul... Home stretch.

And thanks for pointing out the surge protection. Now on my list!

cheers

Brian

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brian,

Most EasyTouch systems are installed with one or two circuit breaker and then the AC power is "Daisy Chained" to wherever needed..

I used a lot more relays because I personally like the idea of being able to turn individual things off with a circuit breaker..

My SWCG transformer gets its power from a separate 220 volt breaker that is wired to the line side of the pump/filter relay.. the load side goes to the transformer.. *** I just noticed that my pic is an old one and does not show the seperate breaker for the transformer. **** It works as wired in the old pic, but I just wanted to be able to shut the SWCG off in the winter. Not required, just something I wanted to be able to do..

If you daisy chain, make sure that you do not try to take 120 from a 220 volt GFCI circuit.. Unless you just like to hear the breaker "pop"... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I should also add,I’d like all of this to be able to integrate with my smart home, which is iOS based. “Hey Siri, turn on the pool heater”

So whatever equipment will need that capability

It'll be remiss not to mention the new IntelliCenter as that functionality is built into the system, where as the EasyTouch/IntelliTouch require ScreenTouch2. Just wanted you to be aware so you can make a considered evaluation of both systems to see what suits your needs/budget.

You'll have to research the iOS integration like Siri, but Alexa voice control is supported.

Last edited:
Reactions: MyAZPool
It'll be remiss not to mention the new IntelliCenter as that functionality is built into the system, where as the EasyTouch/IntelliTouch require ScreenTouch2. Just wanted you to be aware so you can make a considered evaluation of both systems to see what suits your needs/budget.

You'll have to research the iOS integration like Siri, but Alexa voice control is supported.

I've been looking at the Intellicenter. Adding automation is probably a next year thing. Hopefully knowledge about it will be a bit more widespread at that point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.