Boston, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I went to open my pool today and ran into an issue with my Intelliflo VS pump. I got everything ready to turn it on. Put all the plugs in, filled the basket with water, and then flipped the breaker on. It took a couple of seconds to turn on, but once it did it said ALARM for a few seconds and then the display cut out. There was no alarm code or message associated with it. If I needed to scroll to see the code or message I didn't have enough time before it shut off. The breaker also tripped. I'm wondering if the breaker tripped which shut off power to the pump.
I let it sit for an hour and then turned the breaker on. The breaker didn't trip but the pump didn't turn on. Nothing on the display.
I'm kind of at a loss. Is there a reset I can do?

What model number pump?

How old is the Intelliflo VS pump?

Is it still under warranty?

What model number pump?

How old is the Intelliflo VS pump?

Is it still under warranty?
Model:
  • Pentair IntelliFlo VS - Main label shows 354605.E and labels on pump house353114.E
  • Possibly 9 years old. I believe the pool was built in 2015
  • Not under warranty

Neither of those are model numbers.

Post pics of the labels on the front and sides of the pump. See Pentair IntelliFlo Pumps - Further Reading

There is no reset button. Sounds like the drive fried. If you are into electronics you can remove the keypad and drive and see what condition things are.

First, use your multimeter and check that you have 240V between L1 and L2 connections at the pump and you have power. Maybe your CB is what dies on you.

Chances are a new pump is in your future if you have power at the pump.

Neither of those are model numbers.

Post pics of the labels on the front and sides of the pump. See Pentair IntelliFlo Pumps - Further Reading

There is no reset button. Sounds like the drive fried. If you are into electronics you can remove the keypad and drive and see what condition things are.

First, use your multimeter and check that you have 240V between L1 and L2 connections at the pump and you have power. Maybe your CB is what dies on you.

Chances are a new pump is in your future if you have power at the pump.
Found it! It's 011018. Power is to the unit across the lines.
I'm having a few companies quote a replacement.
It might be nice to have a touchscreen and intelligence (if that is any good)