Intelliflo VS 3hp not running set RPMs

anonymouscuban

May 19, 2017
Porter Ranch, CA
Pump is about 4 years old. Runs great. The issue I'm having is that it won't run at the RPM I have programmed. Maybe I am doing something wrong. The problem began when I changed the programming.

I have all but speed 2 set on manual or disabled. Speed to have programmed on a schedule to run for 7 hours at 2300 RPM. The pump keeps changing speeds throughout the scheduled time.

For example, right now it's running at 1630. I'm at a loss. I've tried reprogramming everything a few times and no luck.

Literally as I am trying this it changed again to 2470 RPM.
63339360d956d84932c617f63ddb128f.jpg

ac,

Since it happened when you reprogrammed it, I suggest you try the factory reset and then see how it works..

To reset the pump;

You will need to hold down all four speed buttons for a few seconds, then release them, then push select twice, you will see "0" highlighted, push the arrow up button to "1" then press enter, then shut the power down to the pump for about one minute, then power it back up and your pump should be back to factory settings.

I have not tried it, just found it here on the TFP site..

Thanks,

Jim R.

ac,

Since it happened when you reprogrammed it, I suggest you try the factory reset and then see how it works..

To reset the pump;

You will need to hold down all four speed buttons for a few seconds, then release them, then push select twice, you will see "0" highlighted, push the arrow up button to "1" then press enter, then shut the power down to the pump for about one minute, then power it back up and your pump should be back to factory settings.

I have not tried it, just found it here on the TFP site..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Awesome. I was thinking about doing a reset but wasn't sure how. I will try and post back.

OK... so I tried the reset. Reprogrammed everything from scratch after the reset. Check out the video for what it's doing now.

It ramps from the lowest speed to the highest speed. Cycles like that over and over. The display says "Running Speed 2" at the bottom. I thought it supposed to say "Running Schedule" when it's running a schedule, which it should be.

September 24, 2017 - YouTube

ac,

I have no answer for that... It appears to be some type of test program.

After you reset it, and before you programed it, would it run the default speeds using just the buttons?

Unless someone here, who knows answer, can chime in, I think your best bet would be to call Pentair's Tech Support.

Sorry,

Jim R.

ac,

I have no answer for that... It appears to be some type of test program.

After you reset it, and before you programed it, would it run the default speeds using just the buttons?

Unless someone here, who knows answer, can chime in, I think your best bet would be to call Pentair's Tech Support.

Sorry,

Jim R.
I didn't try running the presets. I'm going to try that. I will reset it again and try the pump without any programming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.