Aqualink and VSP settings

clairsan2023

Jan 24, 2023
Atlanta/GA
IMG_0354.pngIMG_0355.pngIMG_0356.pngIMG_0357.pngI have iaquallink 2.0 and a Jandy E series variable speed pump. Currently the speeds are set at 3200 rpm for Filter Pump, 3000 for Spa and 2500 for Freeze Protection.

I tried to set up and label a Low Speed option at 2150 rpm and have it scheduled to run some of the time. I have also tried to label a High Speed option at 3200 just to have it reflected in the Schedule.

Once I had this done the schedule never ran the low speed or the high speed. As the info photo shows it should be running the low speed option at 2150 and that speed is reflected but no device is running. I checked at the pump and it is not on.

In fact I had the labeled option High Speed programmed for a few hours and during that time again the rpm was reflected on the info tab but no devices were running.

In order to get the system to run I had to delete high speed option and add back Filter Pump. The schedule photo reflects this.

I have also noticed when the system is in freeze protection mode as we have been below the 34 degree setting, when I go to the info tab it either shows spa mode at 3000 rpm or pool mode at 3200 depending on which is currently cycling and not the 2500 rpm that is set for freeze protection.

How do I get the pump to turn on for the low speed and high speed option and how do I get the set RPMs for Freeze Protection to be used?

Thanks.

On the Speed screen - the #1 speed label should be called Pool - this number 1 slot is used for all filter pump activities. It should be set to the minimum speed that you want the system to run at all times.

Then set a high speed or a medium speed in one of the other slots

When there is an overlap of schedules, the AquaLink will always run at the HIGHEST speed regardless.
See mine below
VSP Speed Setup & Freeze Protection Speed.PNG

On this same screen you would click on Freeze Protect Spd and set that.

On the Speed screen - the #1 speed label should be called Pool - this number 1 slot is used for all filter pump activities. It should be set to the minimum speed that you want the system to run at all times.

Then set a high speed or a medium speed in one of the other slots

When there is an overlap of schedules, the AquaLink will always run at the HIGHEST speed regardless.
See mine below
View attachment 549939

On this same screen you would click on Freeze Protect Spd and set that.
Thanks. I’ll try that. Could you please send me a screen shot of your schedule?

I also noticed that the Spillover schedule is in conflict with the Cleaner schedule
In Spillover the suction is from pool but diverts return to Spa (then it spills over into pool)
If you have a pressure side cleaner (which is my assumption since you have CLEANER in speed set up), that needs the filter pump to return to the pool - not the spa

You need to set the Filter pump to run the maximum time at the lowest speed
Then schedule your cleaner to run for whichever time
Then schedule your spillover but not at same time as cleaner

So for example set your filter pump to be from 6am to 5pm
Set your spillover from 12 to 1230pm
Set your cleaner from 9am to 1130am
Set your spa from 3-4pm

Also as I think about it, the low pool speed mode should be running at the lower speed but as the info screen shot shows no devices are turned on even though it shows the speed should be 2150rpm. Any thoughts on why no devices are working.
Lets change the schedule first and see how it reacts.

Also as I think about it, the low pool speed mode should be running at the lower speed but as the info screen shot shows no devices are turned on even though it shows the speed should be 2150rpm. Any thoughts on why no devices are working.
So the app shows no devices working but I went to the pump and it is actually on and based on the sound it is at a low speed. Seems it is working despite the app not showing any devices are working.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would do 1 of 2 things.
Turn off breaker to the Aqualink system for about a minute then switch back on. This will reset the whole system
or
Hit the reset button just above the Auto light. Either way the board should reset and see if that helps.

Go to the web interface and hit the status button. You likely have something running like cleaner or spillover without having your filter-pump running.

As @HermanTX pointed out above you need to have your filter-pump active for the entire time you have anything scheduled to be on.

The Aqualink system is a little quirky when you activate things like the cleaner if you have filter-pump off when the other activity is running. The pump will run as you are finding but it isn’t properly reported since the temperature displays will be off making it look like Aqualink doesn’t think it’s running.

The way to fix this is to have filter-pump scheduled any time you have the pump running, and then schedule the cleaner and other things within the schedule time of the filter-pump runtime.

Spa mode stands on its own though, so Spa Mode will automatically activate the filter-pump function.

So I reset the aqualink circuit breaker and changed the labels and timing and so far it seems to be working. The status shows the pump is running at the 2150 rpm set for the low speed and it just switched to high speed per the program schedule and now it shows at 3200 rpm. Thank you so much for your assistance.

Reactions: HermanTX
So I reset the aqualink circuit breaker and changed the labels and timing and so far it seems to be working. The status shows the pump is running at the 2150 rpm set for the low speed and it just switched to high speed per the program schedule and now it shows at 3200 rpm. Thank you so much for your assistance.
Show screen shot of your pump speeds and of your schedule

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support