Intelliflo VF with iAqualink

lakeboater

Bronze Supporter
Mar 8, 2018
Naples, FL
I just installed an Intelliflo VF and it operates in standalone mode. When I connect it to the Aqualink (ver T.2) with iAqualink 2.0, the pump will not run. The "status" screen shows the Intelliflo VF at 0 rpm and 0 flow, so the communication seems fine. I also disconnected my RS4 All button keypad. Sounds like something simple. Any ideas?

lb,

I was under the impression that some Jandy systems can control the IntelliFlo VS, but that the VF is not supported...

Let's see if we can get one of our Jandy experts to chime in...

I always suggest that the same brand of automation, SWCG and VS pump be used, just because of communication issues.

If the Display on the IntelliFlo does not say "Display not Active" then the pump and the automation are NOT talking with one another. When the automation is in control the pump's display will not show anything but "Display Not Active"...

Curious why you choose the VF over the VS???

If you get it working, please let us know, as it might help other with this question in the future..

Thanks,

Jim R.

The pump display does say: "Display not Active".
I actually ordered a VS, but the supplier told me he was going to send the VF for the same price.
The iaqualink menu lists both the VS and VF pumps, and defaults to flow units and flow default values (GPM) when VF is selected.

Did you try and say it is a VS pump on Aqualink?

lb,

Maybe the problem is when the pump has both VS and VF, then the automation can't use both?? Sorry, I am not much of a Jandy guy..

It sounds like the automation is in control of the pump, but not telling the pump to run.. In a Pentair system, you have to assign the speed to a circuit and then turn that circuit on.. For example... If I assign a speed of 2000 to the circuit "waterfall" then only when I turn on the "waterfall" circuit does the pump run at 2K RPM..

Jim R.

Problem solved. First I had to reformat the Aqualink settings by following the directions more precisely. The formatting is not intuitive, but I can't argue with the results. After that, the pump starts and runs, but only at 1500 rpm, no matter what flow is commanded.
Then, looking closer at the pump manual, I realized that I have an Intelliflo VSF. So I reformatted it as a VS in the aqualink application and it controls speed correctly.

There have been some comments that the VF version doesn't get you much over the VS. And I follow the logic that the need for flow control to compensate for filter plugging is not much of an issue. However, with the VF and VSF, you do get a pressure and flow measurement along with the RPM, which I find very helpful to get a better understanding of my system.

Thanks ajw22 for the suggestion and Jim R for the support.

Reactions: PoolGate and ajw22
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.