Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I recently had an IntelliFlo installed. The installer set the pump to run at 2500 RPM when the system is in pool mode. In that mode, the spa's spillway is active and flows the water from the spa to the pool. However, I cannot feel any water flow coming from the pool returns. I can feel water flowing from the spa returns (at what I think feels like a normal pressure), and the spillway that goes from the spa to the pool looks to be running a good rate (it's not like it's slowly dripping down).

Plus, I know that there is circulation, since the pool is not overflowing and the heater is able to run. With this in mind, should I leave things be? Or, should I increase the RPM until I feel a normal amount of water coming out of the pool returns? (to ensure good circulation)

If you like the spa spillover, are OK with the rise in pH from it and the additional acid additions, and the higher electric bill, leave it be.

But if you wish to only run the spillover a short time a couple times per day to keep it chlorinated, and otherwise lower your electric bill and the rise in your pH, then your EasyTouch 8 can be programmed to accomplish that. It is called Spillway.

Hi Marty,

I do like the spa spillover. Thanks for the info regarding it. My concern is just whether I should increase the IntelliFlo RPM setting if I am not feeling flow from the pool returns (despite having good flow from the spa returns and the spillover).

How is the valving set? Is the flow to the spa through a make up line or through the spa return line?

To get flow out of the pool returns, you need to limit the amount going to the spa.

I figured it out - one of the Jandy Valve Actuators isn't working. It's stuck on spa mode. I have a feeling it's related to the IntelliFlo installation, as they wired it incorrectly at first. I have a feeling they messed something else up int he EasyTouch and that the valve actuator isn't getting power.

Thanks for your time with this. I'm going to reach out to the installer to come back and take a look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.