Murrieta, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
God that is the truth. I have put on many intelliflows and the newer ones are not lasting as long, the drives, the screens, or the motors just go out at random. Thats a darn shame because its my favorite VS.
I have 8+ years on an intelliflo that as others have described, developed small leaks around the housing and is making bearing screaming-for-help type noises- I’ve ordered the seal kit but is there anything I can do to help repair damaged bearings (assuming I didn’t catch it in time to prevent bearing damage)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards
Rob

Moved from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are hearing the bearings, it is probably too late. It is just a matter of time before the seize. You can either replace the bearings or replace the motor.

I have 8+ years on an intelliflo that as others have described, developed small leaks around the housing and is making bearing screaming-for-help type noises- I’ve ordered the seal kit but is there anything I can do to help repair damaged bearings (assuming I didn’t catch it in time to prevent bearing damage)?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards
Rob

Moved from here.
Principles of replacing bearings are in these two videos. VSP motors are simpler, no wiring terminal on the back to deal with. Be aware the magnets in a VSP motor are very strong. You will also need to remove the fan on the rear of the motor. Third video explains that. Or, take it to a good electric motor shop, there are several listed for your area. In my area shops are charging $250-$300 to do bearings in a VSP motor (last time I called). A new motor can be found online for about $600.00

Reactions: MurrietaRob
Principles of replacing bearings are in these two videos. VSP motors are simpler, no wiring terminal on the back to deal with. Be aware the magnets in a VSP motor are very strong. You will also need to remove the fan on the rear of the motor. Third video explains that. Or, take it to a good electric motor shop, there are several listed for your area. In my area shops are charging $250-$300 to do bearings in a VSP motor (last time I called). A new motor can be found online for about $600.00
Awesome - thank you for the information / video links 👍

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.