Intelliflo lost communication to EasyTouch 8

Feb 19, 2015
Cypress, TX
I was wondering if someone could give me some tips on re-stablishing connection from the EasyTouch and Intelliflo. The pump operates manually with the buttons on it however the panel outside and inside will not control it. When I open my ScreenLogic app on my Mac is says "Pump 1 - Lost Communication". It there a setting on the pump itself I have to reset? Thank you in advance for any help.

Check that the communications cable is securely seated at the pump. Also in the ET box if the pump end does not solve it.

Also be sure the ET is not in ‘Service ‘ mode.

I have an Intelliflo controlled by a solar touch that does that occasionally. Like any other electronic device, I usually find it works to shut off all power and then restore it.

What happened just before you found the problem? Were you doing anything inside the ET or reprogramming?

If ScreenLogic is working then the com port on the main EasyTouch board must be working. I would make sure ScreenLogic is working by doing something like turn on the pool light and make sure the the light comes on.

When the ET is talking with the pump, the pump's controls will not work and the display will say "Display Not Active"...

I would go into the Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, and make sure the right pump model shows up.. In my case it says VS..

You can shut off the main breaker that powers your EasyTouch, wait 30 seconds and then power everything back up.. I doubt it will help , but worth a try..

After that I would think the com chip in the pump is bad.. We have seen pics of the connector where the cable plugs into the pump, where one of the pins had corroded away..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Well I pulled the plug and blew air on the female and male ends, plugged it back in snug and all seems to be good. Thank you for all the advise. I guess something got corroded in there or something. Maybe some contact cleaner is needed.

B,

That is Excellent!!!!

We appreciate the follow up, as it could well help others that might have the same issue in the future.

I like the idea of contact cleaner for sure..

How old is the pump???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.