Intelliconnect - use the PentairHome app!

PoolNewb2

Jul 15, 2020
West Central, FL
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have a new pool with Intelliconnect and the link2O would constantly lose connection and would give me a login error frequently. I was frustrated that this is what I paid for. I would have to go outside to manually reset the intelliconnect in order to reconnect and that wouldn't fix the login errors at times.

I bit the bullet and downloaded the PentairHome app even though I wasn't sure it was supported. 100% happy I did. You have to re-sign up with a login and password, then it will ask you to connect your Link2o account.

No more login errors. Response time is almost instant when changing settings.

I have my Intelliflo Vsf, IntelliBrite color led, UltraTemp heat pump, and Ichlor 30 hooked up. There is still Relay 2 available.

I am now happy with the product as long as it stays this responsive. Interface is modern and way better than the Link2o app.

Reactions: wolverine
I've been using the new Pentair App for a week and it's working well. It's fairly responsive and from what I've read -- a HUGE upgrade. Some oddness:

1) You cannot rename the Intelliflow's Program names -- Why only 4 settings?
2) IntelliChlor generates warnings that temp is 0F when pump is idle. No issues when pump is running.

Hopefully your IntelliConnect does not receive the latest update, once it does it becomes a brick and there is no ETA on shipping out warranty replacements. The new app has a bunch of bugs in it, mine worked for a week or 2 then keep loosing connection, I loved the old LInk02 app, it was a lot more stable.

Reactions: BowserB
Hopefully your IntelliConnect does not receive the latest update, once it does it becomes a brick and there is no ETA on shipping out warranty replacements. The new app has a bunch of bugs in it, mine worked for a week or 2 then keep loosing connection, I loved the old LInk02 app, it was a lot more stable.
My intelliconnect has been bricked.....I've been on hold with Pentair for 30 mins now trying to talk to them.....

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Constantly loses Wifi connection forcing me to kill the breaker for 30 seconds and re-start it and hopefully it reconnects on the 1st attempt
2) IntelliChlor reports 0F and I get txt, email, and app notifications. Temp sensor was replaced too. Not sure if InteliChlor/IntelliConnect issue

Tech Support is absolutely horrible. No response. Waiting on hold for hour.

1) Constantly loses Wifi connection forcing me to kill the breaker for 30 seconds and re-start it and hopefully it reconnects on the 1st attempt
2) IntelliChlor reports 0F and I get txt, email, and app notifications. Temp sensor was replaced too. Not sure if InteliChlor/IntelliConnect issue

Tech Support is absolutely horrible. No response. Waiting on hold for hour.
Mine started doing the same thing early spring. Pentair sent someone out, they moved everything from 1 RS485 port to the 2nd one, it work for a few more weeks then it stopped working. This was in March, still waiting for the replacement unit, since then, they sent out the update and bricked it.

Frankly, I liked the old Link2O better, too, and the main reason was that it worked from my PC. New one is only an iOS or Android app. Big step backward, IMO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.