Intelliconnect support nonexistent

No help in Oregon

Mar 28, 2024
Portland, OR
I don't know if it's just my area, but I can't find anyone who wants to service my Pentair intelliconnect. The electrician I found to hook it up did the best he could but he said the documentation for the intelliconnect was as thin as he'd seen. He got it to work, but 6 months later the relay died for the pump and it doesn't turn on anymore. There's a single sentence in the manual about it but no troubleshooting suggestions anywhere that I can find. It still powers the lights so I know there's power. The pump works because we tested it off the intelliconnect. The lights are another issue - I have 2 pentair glo-brites but the wiring doesn't allow for 2 lights apparently. The intelliconnect seems extremely limited and I'm very disappointed in this purchase.
Suggestions? Should I trash the intelliconnect and just wire everything to manual on off switches that won't fail like everything else? Use an egg timer for the pump?
Does anyone know why there aren't any contractors who service Pentair equipment? If I'd known that I would have stayed away from it.
I'm not an electrician or mechanically inclined - I built the pool by hand and did all the plumbing, but this part of it is a mystery and I can't understand why these pool devices aren't supported.

Welcome to TFP.

Have you called Pentair Support and made a warranty claim on your relay problem?

The IntelliConnect is a simple automation system for simple pools. It has its limitations.

You can connect and control two Globrite lights on a singe relay.

Last edited:
I agree that there is little documentation on the Intelliconnect, although it does seem like Pentair is paying a little more attention to it than they used to. But like Allen said, it is automation meant for a simple pool.

What pump do you have? Why is it connected to a relay and not through the RS-485 port? Did you try to connect it to the other relay and see if it worked?

I use one of the relays on my Intelliconnect to control my light. You should be able to wire them to a relay and add them to the Pentair Home app. Or control them with a smart switch.

Call Pentair support and see what they say. They also have firmware updates for the Intelliconnect that they can upload to your system which might help.